Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tablet for a 4 yr old???

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 146 Replies

My daughter, she's almost 4, wants a Nabi.  I think they are cute, but the tablet plus accessories, mostly the protective case, carrying bag, and MAYBE headphones will be well over $200.  The headphones are a little expensive because they are childproof and volume controlled, which I like for her and her brother.  Do you think it's too much for a kid her age?

*Featured Pos t= Beaming with Pride*  Thanks ladies!

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
instant
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:23 PM
No. We got my son a tablet for his 3rd birthday.
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I am getting my DD5 a tablet too I am thinking of a kuiro tablet, a little cheaper. There is also another tablet I was looking at too can't remember the name though.

I got all my kids the DSIs last year. They were that much with the bundle packs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:25 PM
8 moms liked this
I do think its too much for a little kid. Just my though. At that age I think toys are better. Bikes art stuff pretend play. Sitting and playing games are fun and they do learn but I like my little ones running and playing.
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I have an iPad mini and dh has an ipad2. Dd 4 loves playing on them and there are so many educational apps!! So, no I don't think you getting a tablet is too much. 

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:27 PM

The rubber case comes with it.

My 3 year old has one and we love it. It also has a 'mommy' mode that I can use to download apps, get on the internet, and make her a chore chart. I think it was well worth the money we spent.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I am buying one for both my boys for Christmas this year. They won't get much else from me because my dad always goes all out and we live with him anyway. They'll love them. They do spend most days outside but when it's too cold or too hot they get bored easily. This will help combat that.

ETA: My youngest is 4 and my oldest will be 6 by that time.
Muffins89
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I got my 4yr old an innotab 3S ($99) and the accessory pack which consists of a carrying case, protective sleeve thing, and headphones (idr how much that was the box said $35 value so i think it was less than that)
Mrs.Mommy081012
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Nope. Dd will be getting one on her 5th birthday in November. I only allow educational games on my phone and it will the the same on her tablet.
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM
The protective case comes on it. You can buy different colored bumpers if you want, but it already comes with one. Plus you can find cheaper, child proof headphones anywhere. My 3 and 4 year old got them last year for Christmas and love them.
MercedesMonique
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM

She's an amazing kid, and I'm not just saying that because she is mine...she has and does all of those things, but she is also very smart.  She reads on a 1st grade level, she goes to a pre-school now and won't be able to start school next year because she has a late b-day...with that said, her pre-school director who is a retired elementary school teacher recommended that I continue to homeschool her until she is 7, the age kids have to start school here, and then have her tested out to see where she belongs academically and socially.  I say all of this to make the point that I think this will be a good at home tool for her to use, plus they are incorporating tablets into the classrooms of the local public and private schools, so she will be using them at some point soon anyway.  I think the price is too much, any ideas for one that works well but costs less?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do think its too much for a little kid. Just my though. At that age I think toys are better. Bikes art stuff pretend play. Sitting and playing games are fun and they do learn but I like my little ones running and playing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)