Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She smells!!!

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 65 Replies

My SIL got a foster kid on Friday. She is 14. I watch my sil kids so I watched her too on Friday. I got her to take a shower and gave her all the stuff. Cherry blossom body wash, secret clinical deodorant, toothbrush and paste and pantene shampoo and conditioner. My SIL had her take a bath Friday night and shower and bath Saturday and today. She is still stinky...so any advice??

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM

BUMP!

Mammacra
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Does she have her period? Encourage her to scrub & get in all the cracks!!! Poor thing I bet has never been properly taught :-(
LocoCountryMama
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Maybe no one taught her how to wash herself? If she never had parents who cared about her she might not know what to do with all these new supplies.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I don't think she is on it right now. I feel bad cause I don't wanna be mean. I felt really bad about making her shower :(

Quoting Mammacra:

Does she have her period? Encourage her to scrub & get in all the cracks!!! Poor thing I bet has never been properly taught :-(

feedmecake
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I would talk about properly washing and if there's still an issue maybe she should see a gyn
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Maybe SIL should have a quick refresher course on washing herself and remind her how to properly clean her girl parts.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

idk... the whole story. Her mom was charged on abuse and neglect. She has older bother like 18,19 and 21 and her dad is trying to get custody. I will tell her in more detail on what to do. 

Quoting LocoCountryMama:

Maybe no one taught her how to wash herself? If she never had parents who cared about her she might not know what to do with all these new supplies.

JealousGrrl
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
IDK, but its awesome that your SIL fosters kids. :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Not to be gross, but stink like what? Is it armpit smell? Maybe she needs a different deodorant. Is it feminine odor? I would probably take her to an OBGYN. Even if she doesnt have an infection you can rule it out and they can go over proper washing of that area.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Thanks! 

Quoting feedmecake:

I would talk about properly washing and if there's still an issue maybe she should see a gyn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)