Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I WANT MY FREAKIN REFUND! *EDITED!* This is NOT a troll post! LMAO! *EDIT #2 10/3*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
1 mom liked this
EDIT #2: Well the MN Revenue websiste is down . I can't check the status of my refund. Coincident? Hmmm

I paid $3000 last year in property taxes ( which are bullshit to begin with) I was looking forward to getting a little back. But if the government shuts down AGAIN who knows how long it will take. The deadline for them was October 15. I have been keeping an eye on it since August. It was reading " is being processed and will be sent before October 13.

Now it says there is no information and that if its sent now it will take 60 days. I'm so sick of this fucking government. They all need to be fired. Oh and those asshioles get paid during the whole shut down.

Okay....I'm done now

EDIT: I cant believe some of you are accusing me of making a troll post. Its freakin hillarious! If that were so this would be a pretty lame troll post! LOL . If you dont believe in Property tax refunds look it up! Look up Minnesota Revenue. Go under the option of :where is my refund. Go to the section where you can choose what type of refund. Right there is the option for property tax refund! I will be getting $691 back. 

In MN the property tax refund is s e p e r a t e from the income taxes. It is filed much later. I have a tax preparer simply because I run my own business. And yes im a home owner. Have been for three years now. Last year the government shut down in MN around this time. Maybe it wont effect me. IDK. I hope not. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Is your property taxes through the federal government ?
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Wait, you get a refund on property taxes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Yep...real funny.

Quoting MichelleSw:

Lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Wait, you get a refund on property taxes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I already got mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this
Be glad you only paid 3k and be quiet.
Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM

First, property taxes aren't federal, so the shutdown would have nothing to do with it.

Why would you be getting a refund on property taxes?

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Property taxes have nothing to do with the federal government, that would be your local county
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM
How do you get a refund on your property taxes from the federal government? I'm seriously asking because I pay on two properties.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured