Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you follow the recommended guidelines for tv and video games regarding kids?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM
  • 6 Replies
I don't. and my oldest who is 9 is highly gifted in a freaky smart way.

My 5 yr old and 6 yr old are doing great in their dual language program and reading above level. The 5 year old is doing multiplications and grasps the concept of fractions.

So you follow the tv/ video game guide lines? Although there have been days mine haven't played or watch they spend overall more than the recommended time.

I also expose them to other stuff through fun activities*
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:59 AM

No.  

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I am not picky about how much TV or video games they play but if I notice they have been in front of an electronic for an extended amount of time I will suggest that we do something else.

zeenah
by Zarah on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:06 AM

My dd is 22 months today. She hasn't ever been interested in tv. She's very smart though. Her doctor said she was advanced as a 2 1/2 year old at 18 mos.

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM
No. I think it is more important what you watch than how much. I don't limit. I simply encourage variety. How many adults follow the guidelines?
HumanBeing
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I know right! I know tons if adults who will watch an entire series on Netflix in a week!

Quoting jen2150:

No. I think it is more important what you watch than how much. I don't limit. I simply encourage variety. How many adults follow the guidelines?

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM

no

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)