Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I honestly don't know if I can do this.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I had a baby a few weeks ago. I'm not sure I can do this. Df and I were ready but I honestly just don't know what to do. When his mom comes over she acts like I'm some dumbass who is clueless. He has absolutely no idea what to do or even how to burp a baby so he isn't any help. I haven't had more than 3hrs of consecutive sleep since we got home and she just cries and cries and cries unless I'm holding her. Not anyone else, just me. I don't know if I'm up for this. I'm so overwhelmed and now I have an infection and still have to do everything. Idk what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:21 AM
You only have one choice now...moving forward
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:21 AM
You need a break. Badly. But know that this will pass, and just try to cherish it. I know its hard but its worth it. Trust me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
First, tell mil to back off. Then tell df to get it together. Hand him the baby and teach him, some men just don't know what to do and get nervous.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Quoting Supervane:

You only have one choice now...moving forward

kaylaybaby666
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Dont worry. It gets better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Welcome to motherhood! 3 hours of consecutive sleep is actually quite nice. I went 3 1/2 months without sleeping more than 1 1/2 hours consecutively. Your body adjusts and you do what you have to do. BTW tell DF there's no time like the present to learn how to care for his child. Trail by fire is how many parents learn. Good luck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Life was never meant to be easy, and it's so easy to give up even when you don't need to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I agree with the others.  Keep moving forward.  Just like the carters commercial "the first few months were a doozy for us but we made it through"   Ok i paraphrased it.    I also had an infection when dd was a month old.  We had no help aside from a home nurse that the state provided at the time to new moms.  She was the one who got me to hte hospital on time.   It is time you need to teach your man what to do and tell grandma to either back off or teach both of you what you need to do for newborns in a supportive manner.

want10more
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:30 AM

the first thing you need to know is that YOU'RE  the ONLY expert at being your baby's mom. the second thing you need to know is that every 1st time mom feels overwhelmed. hell, i've had 6 kids, and each and every one just stressed me right the hell out. yeah, you are up for this, if you really want to be. this IS something you CAN do. find someone other than your mil , tell your pal to come over so you can take a nap. your baby ain't gonna die if she has a fit for a lil while. if someone is caring for her, it's SO ok for you to sleep, take a break. and daddy can step the hell up too, there are home nurses that can teach him, so you don't have to just bitch. i wish i was closer to help. since i'm not there ARE other people. and you are not a bad mom, to feel like this.  tc. i'll be thinking of you.........

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:36 AM

This exactly!  My husband was completely clueless when my daughter was born, by the time my son came around he was a pro.  Stop doing everything for him and make him do it was you guiding him, he is never going to learn any other way.  Good luck <3 Things will get better

Quoting Anonymous:

First, tell mil to back off. Then tell df to get it together. Hand him the baby and teach him, some men just don't know what to do and get nervous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN