Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about God

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 409 Replies
3 moms liked this
How can ya'll say there is not a God? Me and dh was talking last night and we were discussing this. We were both raised in Church. We don't see how people could think that. I mean do you think it was a big boom and the earth appeared? How do you think someone who is giving 3 months to live makes it for 20? Just luck? I know in our small town on Sundays 95% of the town is in church worshiping and serving God. What are you going to do when the time comes for God to call his people home do you think it is just a fairy tale? Me and dh want to know these questions, we are carious.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
6 moms liked this
Which God?
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
4 moms liked this
If you were raised to believe in it then why would you think differently?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Me & my man keep our business to ourselves. We keep our beliefs to ourselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM
6 moms liked this
I believe in life on other planets. The universe is too big with countless planets we don't even know about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM
6 moms liked this
"Do Gyou think there was a big boom and then the Earth appeared?"

...that is LITERALLY what the Bible says, that "God" created everything from nothing.

The Big Bang Theory and Christianity are not incompatible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll have lived a great life when god calls all of his people home, and I won't be welcomed into the pearly gates.

It all sounds like a crock of shit, that's why I don't believe. I also don't concern myself with other's beliefs or who they worship or do not worship.
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM
9 moms liked this

I don't believe in god, I believe in science.  If I were to believe in god and the bible, then it'd make just as much sense to believe in Harry Potter and unicorns.  

I get and respect that people have their faith, I was raised in Catholic household.  It's that upbringing, though, that got me to explore elsewhere and leave the "herd."

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Be careful op, these women are vicious!!
inspain
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM
10 moms liked this

Well, I think, reading your post, there's no point in even making the effort to explain why I don't believe there's a God.  It would be like pissing into the wind.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM
5 moms liked this

Does it really matter? I don't care that you believe, I don't ask you why you believe either, why do I need to explain to you why I don't believe?

Just believe what you want, I'll continue to believe how I want and we'll both be happy. How's that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured