Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Less of a man.

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 57 Replies
2 moms liked this
I, personally, cringe at those men that choose to live with their parents or wifes parents because they are lazy bums. Yes, there are other situations but I am talking about these situations specifically.

EXAMPLE: I have a friend who has been married 5 years and they lived with his parents until last month, when they were kicked out. They were kicked out because his parents have a daughter with downs and they were told there are too many incomes in the household for her to qualify for disability.

You would think they would take the opportunity to get their own place (she says they have lots of money saved) but no, they moved in with her parents. I just dont get it...I don't respect a man who is like her husban who can't stand on his own to feet. Am I the only one?

I have asked her why they don't have their own place and she makes shitload of excuses for him.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I guess I'm old school, though, because what it takes to meet the criteria of manhood (no, I'm not getting into semantics about physical anatomy) seems to have taken a huge nosedive, in my opinion. But, when there are so many women willing to put up with momma's boys, overgrown toddler boys and the like, you can't really be surprised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Why does this matter to you??
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Agree. I can't beleive there are so many men today that are willing to have their family live with others and accept hand outs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM
My ex husband and his wife had to live with her grandmother until he died. His wife was bed bound because of her weight and he was to lazy to work.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I couldn't live with my family. I'd rather live in my car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM
how do you know she isn't lying abouy their savings. maybe she s ashamed of saying the truth
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM

we struggle so hard financially and we always find a way because my husband would rather chew his feet off at the ankle than be reduced to living in someones basement..

and trust me, there have been a handful of times that I was sure we were going to end up there..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM

No different than my friends husband. She works 2 jobs and attends college full time. He sits on his ass all day and can't hold down a job worth shit.

EAzizM
by Erica on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I just don't understand it. We stayed at my parents after my surgery and dh couldn't wait to lace. He felt so...useless. Lol

Quoting Nicoleb9:

I agree. I guess I'm old school, though, because what it takes to meet the criteria of manhood (no, I'm not getting into semantics about physical anatomy) seems to have taken a huge nosedive, in my opinion. But, when there are so many women willing to put up with momma's boys, overgrown toddler boys and the like, you can't really be surprised.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
And I know people who lived with her parents for a few years and put away enough money to build their house. Some people are lazy bums and some people are just smart and have great relationships with their family.

We've been looking into buying a house with dual masters so my GMIL could live with us. It doesn't make her a bum, it makes her someone who needs help and is lonely living alone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)