Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone explain buying/selling foodstamps?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 90 Replies

I don't understand it, why buy food stamps, why not use the money to just buy food???

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

The stamp holder will sell, say, $300 in foodstamps to someone for, say, $150; giving them a profit, since they didn't put out any money, and giving the buyer twice the amount of money for food for their cost.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
What they do is sell say, $50 worth of foodstamps for $25. That's why people buy them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Say someone has $100 worth of food stamps.  They sell them for $60 cash.  You then have $100 worth of food for $60.   

mommersx4
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That is illegal to buy or sell food stamps.

IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I don't know. I've never done it....lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM

this

Quoting AutymsMommy:

The stamp holder will sell, say, $300 in foodstamps to someone for, say, $150; giving them a profit, since they didn't put out any money, and giving the buyer twice the amount of money for food for their cost.

tardistraveller
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

But the recipiant of the fs misses out...  They'd have MORE money in their pocket if they use the fs to buy their food, instead of their own money out of pocket.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Lilfootmommy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Usually they use the cash to buy something fs cant buy like gas or diapers or if your a complete idiot alchol and cigs
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
We all know this. That wasn't the question.

Quoting mommersx4:

That is illegal to buy or sell food stamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

They sell their foodstamps for a lower price then what is on the card. 

Let's say they have $100 on their food stamps card, they may sell it for $75 and the person buying it gets $25 of "free" food. The person selling their foodstamps wants the cash, typically to buy drugs, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured