Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do your kindergarteners

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
ride the bus? Why or why not. Currently my dd rides with me, I'm nervous about the bus, but for multiple reasons I'm starting to think it would be better.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Yes. All my kids ride the bus starting in K.

Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Mine have never rode the bus. I HATED the bus growing up so unless they decide they want to ride it, I'll take them. Besides, the bus comes at 6:05 am and I have zero desire to wake up that early!
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM
No only because she is open enrolled in another district. My ds rides the bus though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Yes, in the afternoon only. He gets picked up by a bus to go to the after school program he goes to.
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM

My kids ride the bus. I like that they do for my own selfish reasons! lol. The negative is that they learn a LOT on the bus. A lot of things I didn't want them knowing yet! With that said...They load the buses first at their school and the bus actually gets my children home before I would if I waited in that line! 

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Not yet. She is in pre-k. My nephew is in pre-k and he doesn't like it. The first day he had a fit and when he got off he was so happy. He still looks like that when he gets off. A look of relief lol. My DD wants to ride the bus so bad but I doubt I will let her. My friends kids who are in kdg this year all have been having issues with older kids being mean and bullying.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

My boys ride the bus to school on Mondays (DH takes them Tuesday-Friday) only and home every day. They have since Pre-K.

I take them and pick them up the first few weeks of school, and that's it.

Mainly because they like riding the bus. It gives them extra time with their friends.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM
No I don't like them being on the bus with older kids.
SSweetcupcake
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Yes and they both love/loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I'm a sahm and live by school.  So, no bus for us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)