Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion = Exfoliation?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you:

Options:

Agree?

Disagree?

Other, because there's always an other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

Thoughts?

(Disclaimer: This isn't anyone I know, nor is it my personal opinion).

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Closet_Case
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM

She's not necessarily saying abortion =exfoilation.. she's saying that all cells are living and can die..  a fetus is a bunch of cells, and when aborted they (the cells) die... 

I think a better comparision though would have been "no one gets lynched for scraping their knees".. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM

*nod* 

I was just going for a catchy title. 

Quoting jessi2girls:

She's not necessarily saying abortion =exfoilation.. she's saying that all cells are living and can die..  a fetus is a bunch of cells, and when aborted they (the cells) die... 

I think a better comparision though would have been "no one gets lynched for scraping their knees".. 

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Agree or disagree about what?
queencreekmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Disagree.  I had a miscarriage of twins and I don't consider myself a mother to dead babies.  Not at all.  I would say that is similar especially since I was going  into my second trimester. 

copasetic1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would like to know from the pro-abortion side: why is it wrong to educate women about their pregnancy. This gives them the ability to make an informed decision. I have known a LOT of women who don't know much of anything about pregnancy. I believe it is an incredible insult to women to say that education is bad for them. It is also very manipulative. The only reason to not allow them informed consent is because you are afraid she will choose to have the baby. But it is HER choice. Keeping information from her is just plain wrong.

Also, if someone believes that abortion is killing a baby, do you really expect them to keep their mouths shut?

Finally, explain to me how a fetus is alive only if the mother wants it but, somehow, is NOT alive if she doesn't . Clearly, this is an obfuscation used so that you don't have to admit that the fetus is, indeed, alive. It is not possible for it to be both. In fact, if you believe that before birth, a fetus is not alive, and not a person, why is it wrong for a woman to drink heavily and use drugs during pregnancy? What is she harming?

I will wait for the attacks. But before you strike, know this - I am for freedom of choice. I would not take this right away. But pro choice people do NOT help their case when you use such disingenuous, illogical arguments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I don't feel like anyone should choose how someone else should live their life.  I feel if prolifers would really put their money where their mouth is, they would be willing to pay much higher taxes and adopt to help support all of the unwanted children.  They should be willing to open their homes to severely disabled children as a free daycare service...etc, etc. 

Quoting copasetic1:

I would like to know from the pro-abortion side: why is it wrong to educate women about their pregnancy. This gives them the ability to make an informed decision. I have known a LOT of women who don't know much of anything about pregnancy. I believe it is an incredible insult to women to say that education is bad for them. It is also very manipulative. The only reason to not allow them informed consent is because you are afraid she will choose to have the baby. But it is HER choice. Keeping information from her is just plain wrong.

Also, if someone believes that abortion is killing a baby, do you really expect them to keep their mouths shut?

Finally, explain to me how a fetus is alive only if the mother wants it but, somehow, is NOT alive if she doesn't . Clearly, this is an obfuscation used so that you don't have to admit that the fetus is, indeed, alive. It is not possible for it to be both. In fact, if you believe that before birth, a fetus is not alive, and not a person, why is it wrong for a woman to drink heavily and use drugs during pregnancy? What is she harming?

I will wait for the attacks. But before you strike, know this - I am for freedom of choice. I would not take this right away. But pro choice people do NOT help their case when you use such disingenuous, illogical arguments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Which one am I agreeing or disagreeing to, that abortion makes you the mother of a dead baby, or that abortion is equal to exfoliation? I can agree that all cells are life, but not that abortion is the same as exfoliating cells. My personal belief is that a baby is a baby, no matter what gestation, and yes, in that aspect a woman who has an abortion is the mother of a dead baby. I am not against abortion however.

Cowgirl_Coyote
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I agree with the statement in the post, not where they compare an abortion to exfoliation.

CafeMom Tickers
rgba
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I don't know any prochoicers who say a fetus isn't alive. They simply say it isn't a baby.

As for the drinking during pregnancy...that's not to protect the fetus. If someone is going to abort, it doesn't matter how much they drink. It's so a future baby, if it is born and survives, does not have problems.

Quoting copasetic1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured