Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im not enforcing your rules....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
My SIL's niece and nephews, who are 6, 8, and 11 years old, come over to my house to play with my son every day. They are good kids and I don't mind them coming over. SIL decide to pop over to see the kids (we all live in the same neighborhood) and she ended up getting mad because the kids and my son were sitting on the bed playing my XBox. The kids had their feet on the bed, which apparently they are not allowed to do at her house.

SIL: You need to make the kids behave and follow rules. They know better than to have their feet up on the bed.
Me: I don't care if they put their feet on the bed in my house.
SIL: Well my Dad would kick their ass if they did that in our home so don't let them do it here. Don't let them do anything we don't allow them to do over there.

Their rules are ridiculous. Half of the time the kids get yelled at for playing, talking, breathing. Would you enforce someone elses ridiculous rules or tell her no way?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

No. I'm more worried about the rules in my home than trying to remember someone else's rules.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't mind. If my sil has a certain rule that  I don't, I'd respect it and remind her children that their mom doesn't allow it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

No. I'm more worried about the rules in my home than trying to remember someone else's rules.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Osstie
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Nope, I'd tell her to miss my ass. I would never ask someone to enforce my HOME rules.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM
bump
queencreekmom
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I agree with you.  My house, my rules.  I don't enforce other's rules at my home.

CGM2012
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the rules. Keeping shoes off the bed seems like a pretty reasonable rule to me.

shyanntech
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:54 AM

the only rule is if you get your butt in trouble whatever they get is what you get. so if its a time out my kids get a time out.. if it is  a spanking my kids get one to.. thats how the rules work.. i have even told my friend if im not there whatever your rules are my kids have to fallow them..

shjchica
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:54 AM

LOL as long as their shoes were off while they were on the bed I don't care who has their feet on my bed...do they sleep with their feet hanging off of the bed???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)