Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you spend for a "fancy" dinner?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 167 Replies
Dh and I went out last night. It was a cute restaurant in the mountains you had to ride a tram to get to because there are no roads. It was really pretty and nice to get dressed up and go out but I couldn't believe how bad the food was and how much it cost! I am sure there are a bunch of high rollers here who will think its nothing but $130 for dinner is insane to me. That would pay like 2 of my smaller bills. It isn't going to break us or anything but I am more of a steak and potatoes kind of girl and don't see the point in wasting money on food! What's the most you have ever spent on dinner?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM
our favorite place in Orlando is around $75 a plate
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I've never paid for an expensive meal but I have eaten at very high end establishments. I think if the atmosphere is nice and the food is pleasant it's always worth the price, if you didn't enjoy your meal then I'd be upset about spending 130 on something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM
The most ever.....was a little over $500 for the whole meal and.honestly i remember the bill not even the food so it was not worth the price.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
250 for me and dh. We normally only do somthing like that for our anniversary.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I've never had an interest to eat any where fancy or spend over $50 for two people.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Ive never paid that much.  I have simple tastes when it comes to food.  This last weekend my boyfriend and I went to Red Lobster and spent about $65 on dinner.  Thats about the most.  There is a nice place here in my small town where, if your order the good wine and the big steaks, the meal might be over $100 but like I said, im a chicken girl.  LOL!  

Click_Queen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM

We usually spend like $50 when we go out.

rstuart66
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I think $60.00 is enough for a good dinner.  I wouldnever pay $130.00 for a bad dinner to boot.  I haven't spent that much on dinnr for a long time.......

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM

$150 a plate.

kajira
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM

A couple of hundred bucks.... It was a 7 course french place, and got to tell you, the only thing I remember is the quail. I'm guessing it wasn't worth the money my ex spent... but hey at 16, you just say thank you. :P

Honestly though, to me, I'm happy with a medium dinner that's 15-25 a plate, with a couple of drinks. With tip the bill for 2 people is usually under 100 bucks. Before we moved, that was our weekly date night thing we did and we alternated between a good steak place, and a good seafood place. We occasionally went out for food that was 30-50 a plate, but that was less often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)