Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**UPDATE 3** My sons principal just called, help!

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 464 Replies
11 moms liked this
**UPDATE 3**

So I just got out of a meeting with the principal and my sons teacher. I explained to them my concerns with shaming my son for clogging a toilet while using the bathroom and that it was not an appropriate way to discipline any child. His teacher admitted that she didn't ask my son if it was an accident because another child had clogged it on purpose. The principal and the teacher apologized and promised to do better when figuring out what exactly happened. ISS has been removed from his recorded.

DS will return to school tomorrow. Today will not count as an absence either, because they agree he needs a day off. I let them know that if they have any further problems that I am to be notified immediantly and that they are not to talk to him and hand out a punishment until my DH or I are present, or I will have no other choice but to involve my attorney. They agreed.

**UPDATE 2**

We have a meeting in the morning with the principal and his teacher. We will get to the bottom of this and if they don't come up with a solution we will contact the school board. DS is staying home tomorrow until we figure it out.

So I just got a call from my sons principal informing me that he got In School Suspension (ISS) today for 45 minutes and lost play privileges in his class. I full expected her to tell me that he got in a fight or something, but no. The reason he got ISS was for clogging a toilet!! He is the oldest in his class (almost 6) and I think they are making an example out of him. What should I do?? I'm all for supporting the teachers and school, but this is ridiculous!!

What would you do??

**UPDATE 1**

Toilet was clogged with TP. I just spoke with DS and he said he pooped and was trying to get himself clean but used to much TP. Now DS is embarrassed and doesn't want to go to school tomorrow.

WOW this is featured:)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Bump
yikesitsmindy
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM
10 moms liked this
With what? I think that is silly unless he did it intentionally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Clogging it by using the toilet improperly or are they humiliating him for taking a huge dump? 

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM

This

Quoting yikesitsmindy:

With what? I think that is silly unless he did it intentionally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM
32 moms liked this
Wow.... I would march down to their office & make them apologize to my child for their ridiculous rule. I mean if he did this intentionally, then I'm all for that. But if this was an accident, awww hellllllll no !!!!
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM
19 moms liked this
That shit is unacceptable.

Sorry, no pun intended.
tracy0812
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM
3 moms liked this
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Clogging it by using the toilet improperly or are they humiliating him for taking a huge dump? 

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM
7 moms liked this

Was he doing it on purpose?  If so, he should get into trouble.  If he just used too much toilet paper without trying to clog it on purpose, then no. I'd pitch a royal fit.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Pay for any damages that HE caused.

He's old enough to knoe better, right? And he did it anyway?

He's lucky he just got ISS for 45 minutes....

tracy0812
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)