Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll - Should a man be able to terminate his rights/ $ responsibilities to a child before 12 weeks of pregnancy (aka:

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 251 Replies

Poll

Question: Poll - Do you believe that a man should be able to terminate his rights/ financial responsibilities to a child before 12 weeks of pregnancy (aka: "Paper Abortion")

Options:

Yes! If she insists on keeping the child, let her pay to raise it.

No! I don't want the burden to be passed onto the taxpayers.

I will post my opinion

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 340

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM
19 moms liked this
Absolutely, if a woman can choose to end the pregnancy against the man's wishes then he should be able to end his responsibility without hers.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM
3 moms liked this
How would they prove that the child that he is terminating his rights to is his? They can't do a DNA test.
strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
7 moms liked this
Everybody has the same choice when it comes to bringing a baby into this world. Just at different times. Aka-no. Once baby is born it's both parents responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this

yes I strongly believe a man should be able to walk away just like a women can.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this
What's it matter? If it's not his he doesn't have any rights or obligations anyway.

Quoting owl0210:

How would they prove that the child that he is terminating his rights to is his? They can't do a DNA test.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM
How can you terminate your rights to a fetus?

Quoting bmw29:What's it matter? If it's not his he doesn't have any rights or obligations anyway.

Quoting owl0210:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM
12 moms liked this

Nope. He has his chance to wear a condom. If he fails to do so he has made his decision-to let HER be in charge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
4 moms liked this
I think he should be able to terminate his rights/responsibilities after it's been established by dna that it's actually his child. Honestly, if I can choose to abort without his say, I think he should be able to decide to terminate his rights. With the exception of if the man and woman are married obviously.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this
If he chooses to walk out on a child he is the one missing out. No need to let the mom think there is a chance he'll be a father to their child. Let her raise her child as she sees fit, no need to drag a deadbeat into it. Kudos to all the single moms!
The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I put yes, but there should be more conditions. There HAS to be proof they weren't trying, and that he was told of the pregnancy before the 12 weeks were up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN