Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Induction

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I was induced 2 days before my due date. I was already dilated 3cm. The doctor asked me if I wanted to wait it out or be induced and schedule for a day that be would be able to deliver- so I Chose that option. I didn't ask too many questions which I should have. This was well over a year ago, might I add. He broke my water at 7:30am, I can't remember when he started pitocin, I had an epi at noon and didn't deliver until almost midnight. Now I'm reading that it's unsafe to induce labor unless medically necessary. I was healthy and had a great pregnancy, I did test positive for the group b strep. My son was born happy and healthy. What risks did I face that day?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM

selfish doctor.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM

really, why ask yourself what risks you faced that day? it was over a year ago and your baby was born healthy. doesnt really matter now does it? dont worry about what could have been, just chalk it up to lesson learned and wait it out next time unless it IS medically neccessary :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Really? I liked the idea of knowing when I would have my baby and felt gear relief in knowing he would be the one to deliver. But then again I didn't ask many questions, which was dumb on my part. I was just ready!

Quoting Anonymous:

selfish doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I didn't know if it were risks for that day or more long term risks.,,

Quoting kissmiss213:

really, why ask yourself what risks you faced that day? it was over a year ago and your baby was born healthy. doesnt really matter now does it? dont worry about what could have been, just chalk it up to lesson learned and wait it out next time unless it IS medically neccessary :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

selfish doctor.

O get off it. Her Dr gave her the choice and she decided to do it she was not forced into anything.
HelloSweetie
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I think any time you have a procedure done or take a medication, there are risks. Seems like you made out ok. Not something I would personally do, but thats your business.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM

if they were long term they would have made themselves shown, like an accident that caused lasting damage. induction doesnt cause anything to pop up mysteriously later on. all three of mine were induced (two were for medical, one was convienence, so im not judging cause i obviously made the same error) and not a one has issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't know if it were risks for that day or more long term risks.,,

Quoting kissmiss213:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN