Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wonder if it will be in the news...

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

My husband works in the lab at a chemical company, and typically starts work at 2pm.

Today, he received a call, telling him to come in an hour later because of a security issue at work.

Apparently, the previous two shifts were told not to come in because of serious threats.

An employee, who had been writing strange and angry things on Facebook lately, called and left threats on a supervisor's voice mail.

My husband said that they had armed security when he arrived at work, and then were briefed by a CEO. The threats were likened to what happened in the latest Washington shooting.

Thankfully, this employee called and made threats, rather than just arriving at work and taking out his frustrations on his co-workers and bosses. He was taken into custody for psychiatric evaluation.

I read his FB (he's on DH's friend list), and he was clearly angry at the government, his soon-to-be ex wife, his employers, and the economy.

I just wanted to keep my nerdy sweetheart at home today. I told him to duck and run if any more of his co-workers go off the deep end.

I also don't expect it to be reported. It's likely something they'll want to keep quiet, and, thankfully, nothing happened.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySlimm
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM

glad your DH is ok!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Unlikely. I hope everyone stays safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
If it makes the news, that means it went from bad to worse.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM
That would be scary :(

I'm glad the guy is getting an eval, and didn't show up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Glad it worked out.....
Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

True.

I didn't think it would, but I was at a loss for a title. I'd imagine the company would want to keep this quiet, anyway.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
No doubt. It sounds like they have it all under control. So scary.

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting Anonymous:

True.

I didn't think it would, but I was at a loss for a title. I'd imagine the company would want to keep this quiet, anyway.

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM

They acted swiftly and were extremely careful. I hope that this man gets the help he needs; it appears he's going through a lot at once.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting Anonymous:

True.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I work in criminal law. Its very rare, but sometimes extreme pressure can crack a normally good person and they spiral out of control. Especially if they've turned to drugs or alcohol. I hope the system treats him fairly.

Quoting Cymbeline:

They acted swiftly and were extremely careful. I hope that this man gets the help he needs; it appears he's going through a lot at once.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting Anonymous:

True.

Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM

very thankful he called his crazy in, instead of showing up with it. :-\ Glad everyone else is OK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured