Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

****EDIT Government shut down WILL affect WIC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know a lot of mothers and children rely on WIC for milk, formula, etc so please be aware! If there is a shut down, there will be no WIC available.

I created this post just as a heads up. So that families could plan ahead in a possible crisis. I say crisis because for some, WIC is their only means for milk and formula.

This post really took a painful turn. Where's the compassion? The empathy?

There's so much hate, so many cruel hateful women just gouging each others eyes out I'm appalled.

Why don't you ladies stop and reassess your attitudes. Your close minded way of thinking.

I hang my head in shame at the things I've read. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Think about your behavior here and how it possibly effects your families and how your way of thinking is passed onto the next generation. Things happen, people need help.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mrs.Mommy081012
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM
30 moms liked this
What makes you think all wic recipient do that with their money?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you can't spend your money on hair,makeup,manis and pedis and clubbing. You'll have to spend it on feeding and caring for your kids like the rest of us do

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this
High is subjective.

We have a one income household and they would kick me out of the office if I even tried to apply.

Quoting AprilDJC:

Do y'all even realize the income limits for WIC? It's pretty high. A lot higher than fs income limit. A household with 2 full time incomes can still qualify for WIC. Stop being judgemental and get over yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good!  People need to feed their kids on their own dime. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
45 moms liked this
People are so heartless these day.
sexymamma20
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Thats not the case here because WIC is funded and run by the local hospital they took it over when the government did this 2 years ago

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
60 moms liked this

Amen! I find it sad that so many people who NEED it, get spat upon with rude comments by those who 'can' afford. Remember something, if your spouse and you were to lose your job tomorrow, and couldn't find work for a month or longer, who would help feed your baby? I think some people open their mouthand sh** just falls out. Sure, there are many that just have child after child and rely on gov't. But there are MANY that don't! Justify your answers with a little more fact, rather than judgement!!

Quoting Annettey19:

And if they don't have the 25 dollars for a can of formula should the kid just starve and you're all happy about it? I agree they SHOULD be able to feed their own, but many can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

bordenmomof3
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
17 moms liked this
there are quite a few people on here that are straight up rude. then they hide behind the anon button. I see that everywhere on here. I just don't understand why everyone is so angry at the little things. also to hide who they are all the time.
muslimomof2
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I think some of you guys are very naive about the WIC standards they are not low we qualified when I was workin 60+ hours a week and my husband was a e-5 active duty army!

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM
5 moms liked this

Yeah. Not everyone gets on these programs for life. Hard times happen to the most prepared of us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Amen! I find it sad that so many people who NEED it, get spat upon with rude comments by those who 'can' afford. Remember something, if your spouse and you were to lose your job tomorrow, and couldn't find work for a month or long, who would help feed your baby? I think some people open their mouthand sh** just falls out. Sure, there are many that just have child after child and rely on gov't. But there are MANY that don't! Justify your answers with a little more fact, rather than judgement!!

Quoting Annettey19:

And if they don't have the 25 dollars for a can of formula should the kid just starve and you're all happy about it? I agree they SHOULD be able to feed their own, but many can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mother to J. (3/2012) and Baby Sprout (due 10/2013)

Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM
17 moms liked this

I spend no money on makeup, clubbing, hair, manis, pedis, or anything else that I'd enjoy. My husband is an American soldier who works 18 hours a day, seven days a week. We moved overseas and I spent years trying to get a job but it's a very small island with few jobs and a lot of military spouses that want jobs. I spend all my time and money caring for my kids, but I qualify for WIC and I use it.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you can't spend your money on hair,makeup,manis and pedis and clubbing. You'll have to spend it on feeding and caring for your kids like the rest of us do

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM
21 moms liked this

Tell that to a rape victim. Seriously. Say that to their face.

Quoting Anonymous:

Learn to close their legs

Quoting Annettey19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mother to J. (3/2012) and Baby Sprout (due 10/2013)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN