Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

****EDIT Government shut down WILL affect WIC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know a lot of mothers and children rely on WIC for milk, formula, etc so please be aware! If there is a shut down, there will be no WIC available.

I created this post just as a heads up. So that families could plan ahead in a possible crisis. I say crisis because for some, WIC is their only means for milk and formula.

This post really took a painful turn. Where's the compassion? The empathy?

There's so much hate, so many cruel hateful women just gouging each others eyes out I'm appalled.

Why don't you ladies stop and reassess your attitudes. Your close minded way of thinking.

I hang my head in shame at the things I've read. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Think about your behavior here and how it possibly effects your families and how your way of thinking is passed onto the next generation. Things happen, people need help.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
AprilDJC
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM
19 moms liked this
If their kids need special formula at $50 a canister then maybe they need the help. I mean a family making $3000 a month might not be able to afford $400 a month just in formula. If they work, and they qualify for it and aren't sitting home on their asses abusing it why the fuck does it bother you so much? You don't know everybody's situation, you just sound judgemental and stuck up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then if they make such high incomes, they shouldn't have a problem buying their own formula.

Problem solved.

Quoting AprilDJC:

Do y'all even realize the income limits for WIC? It's pretty high. A lot higher than fs income limit. A household with 2 full time incomes can still qualify for WIC. Stop being judgemental and get over yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good!  People need to feed their kids on their own dime. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this
WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT WON'T AFFECT?

OBAMACARE!! IT WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS SMH!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I know a lot of mothers and children rely on WIC for milk, formula, etc so please be aware! If there is a shut down, there will be no WIC available.

JMCorbin84
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:34 PM
27 moms liked this

Don't get me wrong but those of us in the military who get Wic, wouldn't get paid...so exactly what dime are we supposed to feed our children on? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what seems to be posted here at CM. It's all about self indulgent, fun and games and bragging about how much help they get. They don't know how to save money for their home and family.

Quoting Mrs.Mommy081012:

What makes you think all wic recipient do that with their money?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you can't spend your money on hair,makeup,manis and pedis and clubbing. You'll have to spend it on feeding and caring for your kids like the rest of us do

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:35 PM
4 moms liked this

My husband is a self employed independent contractor and I own my own business.  It would be impossible for either one of us to ever "lose our jobs".  We make our jobs and the only way we afford anything is because we work for it.

More should take a lesson and do the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Amen! I find it sad that so many people who NEED it, get spat upon with rude comments by those who 'can' afford. Remember something, if your spouse and you were to lose your job tomorrow, and couldn't find work for a month or longer, who would help feed your baby? I think some people open their mouthand sh** just falls out. Sure, there are many that just have child after child and rely on gov't. But there are MANY that don't! Justify your answers with a little more fact, rather than judgement!!

Quoting Annettey19:

And if they don't have the 25 dollars for a can of formula should the kid just starve and you're all happy about it? I agree they SHOULD be able to feed their own, but many can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

AprilDJC
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes that's true. I'm just saying most people who are only on WIC aren't just sitting home abusing the system. If they were they would likely have fs too.

Quoting Anonymous:

High is subjective.

We have a one income household and they would kick me out of the office if I even tried to apply.

Quoting AprilDJC:

Do y'all even realize the income limits for WIC? It's pretty high. A lot higher than fs income limit. A household with 2 full time incomes can still qualify for WIC. Stop being judgemental and get over yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM
5 moms liked this
I think I love you.

Quoting Annettey19:

Not everyone on WIC is on food stamps.

Second jobs are hard to find because most places won't work with you on hours.

Washing windows or cleaning houses is not always conducive to toting a baby along.

Credit cards? Seriously? That's your idea of advice for someone who's already not well off?

And who exactly are the kids supposed to be given up to? Some complete stranger in an already overloaded foster care system?

You know that the government will STILL be paying the foster parents money (maybe even WIC) and it would likely be better for the kids to just stay with their families. People on assistance does not equal complete scum in CPS worthy conditions that are otherwise unable to care for their children.

Quoting Anonymous:

They can use their food stamps.  Or better yet, why don't they pick up a second job, or do sidework for cash like raking leaves, washing windows, or cleaning houses? And you can always get a loan or use credit cards.  This is how normal, non mooching people live. 

And if you're that big of a failure that you can't even feed your kids, then you need to give them up to people who can.

Quoting Annettey19:

And if they don't have the 25 dollars for a can of formula should the kid just starve and you're all happy about it? I agree they SHOULD be able to feed their own, but many can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM

*sigh*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM
3 moms liked this

It's called arrogance, I believe that is a disease now. Seems so many can point the finger! Goes to show you their ability to comprehend or put themselves in others shoes! I don't believe empathy is a word in their dictionary!

Quoting AprilDJC:

If their kids need special formula at $50 a canister then maybe they need the help. I mean a family making $3000 a month might not be able to afford $400 a month just in formula. If they work, and they qualify for it and aren't sitting home on their asses abusing it why the fuck does it bother you so much? You don't know everybody's situation, you just sound judgemental and stuck up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then if they make such high incomes, they shouldn't have a problem buying their own formula.

Problem solved.

Quoting AprilDJC:

Quoting Anonymous:

muslimomof2
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM
6 moms liked this

The republicans are at fault they are refusing to fund the budget until obama does not go threw with Obamacare they are blackmailing him over a very good thing cause they don't like it even though the moneys there. Turn on the news right now you'll see they are throwing a tempertantrum like a 3 year old who did not get their and we are the ones who might suffer.

Quoting Anonymous:

WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT WON'T AFFECT?

OBAMACARE!! IT WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS SMH!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)