Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

****EDIT Government shut down WILL affect WIC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know a lot of mothers and children rely on WIC for milk, formula, etc so please be aware! If there is a shut down, there will be no WIC available.

I created this post just as a heads up. So that families could plan ahead in a possible crisis. I say crisis because for some, WIC is their only means for milk and formula.

This post really took a painful turn. Where's the compassion? The empathy?

There's so much hate, so many cruel hateful women just gouging each others eyes out I'm appalled.

Why don't you ladies stop and reassess your attitudes. Your close minded way of thinking.

I hang my head in shame at the things I've read. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Think about your behavior here and how it possibly effects your families and how your way of thinking is passed onto the next generation. Things happen, people need help.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Replies (1561-1570):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Please explain to me how I'm treating people badly.

I don't think my way is best. I think there is a best way, though, and we intentionally went that route.

Quoting CelticMamabc:

I am successful my family is successful I scrimped and saved and we live well but not everyone is as lucky as I am! I am defending people from people like yourself who think only their way is best and that others who need help (Which I am sure you get help from someone time to time... Even if it's so you can go on a date with your husband you get help.) don't have to feel or be treated as badly as people like you think you're entitled to treat them

Quoting SommelierMom:

Cliché much? Some of us are actually successful and proud of it.

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Right enjoy your high horse

Quoting SommelierMom:

You don't need to believe it, dear. Calling me a liar says more about you than it does me.

And I'm not full of myself, I'm proud of all DH and I have accomplished.
CelticMamabc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
So you think you're way is best... That was a diplomatic way of saying just that.

You stated that using WIC/PA isn't raising their own children... That was putting people down for using the system.

Seriously you felt entitled to give yourself a pay on the back because 1. You married a man making above average money and 2. You wanted to gratify your superiority by making a snide remark to the woman below on the origanal thread

Did that spell it out enough for you dear

Quoting SommelierMom:

I don't think my way is best. I think there is a best way, though, and we intentionally went that route.

Quoting CelticMamabc:

I am successful my family is successful I scrimped and saved and we live well but not everyone is as lucky as I am! I am defending people from people like yourself who think only their way is best and that others who need help (Which I am sure you get help from someone time to time... Even if it's so you can go on a date with your husband you get help.) don't have to feel or be treated as badly as people like you think you're entitled to treat them

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting SommelierMom:

You don't need to believe it, dear. Calling me a liar says more about you than it does me.

CelticMamabc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Don't argue with her I have been doing it all afternoon she apparently married a man that he and she made all the right choices she has 6 digits worth of savings blah blah blah she has a superiority complex BAD she is a nightmare and things she has the right to brag about herself what a mess. Don't let her get to you

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

I dont understand how yall can say Im not raising my kids! No bady ever needed a lil help? Because my 3rd daughter gets formula on wic Im not raising my kids? Um thats crazy! I teach them right from wrong, I teach them how to be good people, I teach them ABC's 123"s, how to write how to read, i read to them everyday, we dance and play games! my oldest 3 can identify all her letters she can identify up to number 20 she is starting to read and is learning how to write her name! My 1.5 year old can count to 10 and knows her ABC's etc how aM I NOT RAISING MY KIDS BC I GET ASSISTANCE TO FEED MY 2 MONTH OLD FORMULA BECAUSE I CANT BREASTFEED! Where do you get your thought process? Im well educated! I went to 4 year school as well as culinart school I paid myself! my husband works 2 jobs! So we are not teaching them to free load! We pay all our own other bills! so explain to mt how Im not raising my kids?????????????????//

Quoting SommelierMom:

Different poster here, but no, if you're on WIC, you're not raising your kids on your own. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, I'm just pointing out that you're incorrect.

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

So im not raising my kids b/c I get assistance for formula? Im only on it for my 2 month old for the formula bc the cost is so outrageous! but what your saying is I should go get a job while my husband is working 2 so that my whole paycheck goes to the cost of daycare, and still need help to pay for formula because Im paying for Daycare and missing out on teaching and being with my kids! UM yeah let me pay for someone else to raise my kids so I can pay them and still need help! OK you make a lot of sense! Most you women must have been raised on a silver spoon or have such a perfect life! Good for you! Your blessed! Im an educated women that paid my way through school, working my butt off! My husband worked his whole life and went to school! We came down on hard time after the birth of our second daughter, and because of that we asked for assistance so we need to be bashed and looked down on even though my husband is working, and I take care of my kids at home instead of wasting the amount of money these daycare's charge? um no! It is what it is there for! I cant breastfeed so... Whatever to y'all Karma comes around and I hope u choose to be helped then letting your baby starve because of your idiotic pride and judgmental attitude!

Quoting Anonymous:

You're not raising your kids on your own if you need WIC/PA.

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

Im a sham bc of the cost of daycare and we wanna raise our own kids on lour own! My husband works 2 jobs and we still qualify! We spend wisely have necessities! But sometime ya need a lil help and these people out here that have it so good!! OMG I DONT KNOW WHY I STAY ON CAFE MOM! These women are so judge-mental like their shit dont stink and their so perfect! Id love to see how some of them really live cause ya know most of them are ling out there ass!

Quoting spatrick1230:

Um, im so glad you make so much money you can easily look down on the rest of us. my husband is in the army and we qualify for wic. we also use wic, were not irresponsible, spending our money foolishly or whatever else you think everyone else is doing. thankyou for thinking my kids should go without. by the way you shouldnt be claiming your kids on taxes...pay for them yourself.

CelticMamabc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Oh man it took me a minute but you are bragging about being rich you were a Sommelier... A wine steward... A wine waiter... Lol you think you're the only sommelier in the world??? Give me a break... I kept looking at that name then ah hah... Oh geese lmao

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting SommelierMom:

3girlskdpreno
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM
That is why I haven't answered her last post to me! Lol its ashamed how some of these women are on here br />
Quoting CelticMamabc:

Don't argue with her I have been doing it all afternoon she apparently married a man that he and she made all the right choices she has 6 digits worth of savings blah blah blah she has a superiority complex BAD she is a nightmare and things she has the right to brag about herself what a mess. Don't let her get to you

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

I dont understand how yall can say Im not raising my kids! No bady ever needed a lil help? Because my 3rd daughter gets formula on wic Im not raising my kids? Um thats crazy! I teach them right from wrong, I teach them how to be good people, I teach them ABC's 123"s, how to write how to read, i read to them everyday, we dance and play games! my oldest 3 can identify all her letters she can identify up to number 20 she is starting to read and is learning how to write her name! My 1.5 year old can count to 10 and knows her ABC's etc how aM I NOT RAISING MY KIDS BC I GET ASSISTANCE TO FEED MY 2 MONTH OLD FORMULA BECAUSE I CANT BREASTFEED! Where do you get your thought process? Im well educated! I went to 4 year school as well as culinart school I paid myself! my husband works 2 jobs! So we are not teaching them to free load! We pay all our own other bills! so explain to mt how Im not raising my kids?????????????????//

Quoting SommelierMom:

Different poster here, but no, if you're on WIC, you're not raising your kids on your own. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, I'm just pointing out that you're incorrect.

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

So im not raising my kids b/c I get assistance for formula? Im only on it for my 2 month old for the formula bc the cost is so outrageous! but what your saying is I should go get a job while my husband is working 2 so that my whole paycheck goes to the cost of daycare, and still need help to pay for formula because Im paying for Daycare and missing out on teaching and being with my kids! UM yeah let me pay for someone else to raise my kids so I can pay them and still need help! OK you make a lot of sense! Most you women must have been raised on a silver spoon or have such a perfect life! Good for you! Your blessed! Im an educated women that paid my way through school, working my butt off! My husband worked his whole life and went to school! We came down on hard time after the birth of our second daughter, and because of that we asked for assistance so we need to be bashed and looked down on even though my husband is working, and I take care of my kids at home instead of wasting the amount of money these daycare's charge? um no! It is what it is there for! I cant breastfeed so... Whatever to y'all Karma comes around and I hope u choose to be helped then letting your baby starve because of your idiotic pride and judgmental attitude!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

Im a sham bc of the cost of daycare and we wanna raise our own kids on lour own! My husband works 2 jobs and we still qualify! We spend wisely have necessities! But sometime ya need a lil help and these people out here that have it so good!! OMG I DONT KNOW WHY I STAY ON CAFE MOM! These women are so judge-mental like their shit dont stink and their so perfect! Id love to see how some of them really live cause ya know most of them are ling out there ass!

Quoting spatrick1230:

Um, im so glad you make so much money you can easily look down on the rest of us. my husband is in the army and we qualify for wic. we also use wic, were not irresponsible, spending our money foolishly or whatever else you think everyone else is doing. thankyou for thinking my kids should go without. by the way you shouldnt be claiming your kids on taxes...pay for them yourself.

PezDispenser
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Well that sucks. I have an appt on the 22nd. :/

3girlskdpreno
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I don't just take! I give as well! My family and I help feed the homeless at the salvation army as well as I take my kids to different retirement communities they play with them and love it! I also help at my church! br />
Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Ahh you are a lost cause and you are full of your self.... 6 digits huh I don't believe that for one second... Piece of work

Quoting SommelierMom:

Hyperbole is stupid. I never said I'm perfect.

I'm not deluded. I'm in contact with my former employer often, as we're often at the same events. I could say the word today and start tomorrow. I have a rare skill set for my area.

I wouldn't be concerned when his life insurance would kick in, as our savings and investments are into the 6 digits- well into the 6 digits.

I won't apologize for being financially responsible. More people should be.

Quoting CelticMamabc:

Well it's another moment to for the I am perfect I have everything mom to strike again... I made my point and I said my piece if you really think you could just waltz back into any job this day in age and get you old job back than you're deluded. I hope you and yours never need asstiance, because I can't even fathom what your idea of an emergency is. I have seen hard times when I was single and putting myself through my masters I am glad that right now all is well for my family and I too have life insurance.. How soon do you assume your husbsnds life insurance would kick in? Some take awhile but I have unfortunately had family members pass who I have has to arrange funerals... I can promise it's not as quickly as you think in some cases. Plus remember death tax and lump sum come out as well. Good luck in life

Quoting SommelierMom:

I wouldn't really have a reality check, actually, other than sadness. We have huge life insurance policies and I could walk into my old job tomorrow.

Assistance should be there for emergencies, not convenience. Too many people are getting something for nothing.

Quoting CelticMamabc:

I don't think it's excuses I think it's what they're life has given them to work with and the average wife doesn't have the same luxuries that you seem to have and that I have... It is you judging them it's in black and white. You currently do need your husband he is your help and if something happened tomorrow to your husband god forbid you would really have a reality check... I know I need my husband right now because I'm not working and I am raising my own children with out help from the government, however my father does come over and help once and awhile by watching the kids while I clean or get a nice long bath... Some others may need help from the government for whatever their reasons are. What is wic for or any other government help there for? It just boggles the mind where people get this idea that they don't get help from anyone... And when someone is honest about their current situation others jump all over them because they feel entitled to be nasty to an another fellow human being...it's sad

Quoting SommelierMom:

I'm a SAHM who needs no help. I left a lucrative career because my husband and I thought it would be best for our daughter. I don't depend on him; I could go back to work tomorrow if we wanted. I've been home for over 2 years and still get job offers surprisingly often.

I donate time and money- I'm not cold-hearted. I simply dislike the myriad excuses people on benefits often use.

Quoting CelticMamabc:

I would just like to point out using daycare or a sitter isn't raising children on your own. I think it's a bit amusing that so many bash people who get wic or food stamps but they then turn around and pay others to raise their children and guess what I am betting some of these people who know every thing and have every thing may just be using day care vouchers as well or they are getting child support... All still not raising you child on you're own... If you are lucky enough to be a SHAM who doesn't need any help from anyone that inclueds your own parents, grand parents, friends or neighbors to watch your kids or give you money then wow... But you are still depending on your husband to pay for you and your children..Everyone needs help in one form or another to raise their children. I remember my great grand mother always saying it takes a village to raise a child and if it's wic or daycare or your parents or friends or your own husband everyone need asstiance once and awhile... Oh and just for the record I am not on asstiance but I pay my taxes and gladly help others who need helping I am not cold hearted

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 3girlskdpreno:

Quoting spatrick1230:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 261 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I feel bad for the ones that definately need it...but for the ones that are using their smart phone with their wifi...no I don't feel bad for you. Turn off the internet and go get your baby some milk.

you will find a way... Js

PezDispenser
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, some of you will say whatever you can think of just to cut someone down. So being on WIC means you aren't raising children on your own? Really? Raising a child is caring for, loving, and guiding them. It has NOTHING to do with money. NOTHING. Now you could say someone on WIC is not fully supporting a child on their own. I'll buy that. A man can support his children financially while not being there to raise them. Raising and supporting are two different things!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 261 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Wic  is only supposed to help.. Not support 

it's not a career choice...only supposed to aid...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN