Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

****EDIT Government shut down WILL affect WIC

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1646 Replies
57 moms liked this
I know a lot of mothers and children rely on WIC for milk, formula, etc so please be aware! If there is a shut down, there will be no WIC available.

I created this post just as a heads up. So that families could plan ahead in a possible crisis. I say crisis because for some, WIC is their only means for milk and formula.

This post really took a painful turn. Where's the compassion? The empathy?

There's so much hate, so many cruel hateful women just gouging each others eyes out I'm appalled.

Why don't you ladies stop and reassess your attitudes. Your close minded way of thinking.

I hang my head in shame at the things I've read. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Think about your behavior here and how it possibly effects your families and how your way of thinking is passed onto the next generation. Things happen, people need help.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM
6 moms liked this
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/09/29/questions-and-answers-about-the-shutdown/2888419/

39. What about WIC?
No money would be available to pay the administrative costs of the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. But because it's administered by states, there may be state funds available.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Bump
baquick
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
3 moms liked this
I was *just* about to post this exactly

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/09/29/questions-and-answers-about-the-shutdown/2888419/

39. What about WIC?

No money would be available to pay the administrative costs of the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. But because it's administered by states, there may be state funds available.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
194 moms liked this

And if they don't have the 25 dollars for a can of formula should the kid just starve and you're all happy about it? I agree they SHOULD be able to feed their own, but many can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good!  People need to feed their kids on their own dime. 

Mother to J. (3/2012) and Baby Sprout (due 10/2013)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We had an appointment today, and we got there and the door has a sign "WIC will be closed today" O.o I called and made the appointment a week before and they said it was ok. We are calling tomorrow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM
6 moms liked this

yes that is understandable but they will give out the checks they already have printed and have money accounted for.  So most likely everyone will get their checks in October and then it will be over before you know it..lmao

lmao their scare tactics are working on you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM
13 moms liked this
Don't. Just. Don't. All they're gonna say is well, then they shouldn't have had kids they couldn't afford.

EDIT:
For fucks sake, people, do me a favor and actually READ what *I* wrote. I'm getting sick of the notifications from people who refuse to actually understand what *I* said.

I was telling her not to argue with the purple anon, because 9 times out of 10, the comeback to people not being able to feed their own is that they shouldn't have had kids they couldn't afford. Please get off YOUR defensive high horses, and actually read what I said, before insulting me for something I did not say.

Quoting Annettey19:

And if they don't have the 25 dollars for a can of formula should the kid just starve and you're all happy about it? I agree they SHOULD be able to feed their own, but many can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM
3 moms liked this

give em cows milk thats what I had to do when I was a single mom...kids were just fine with it...we also did powdered milk...

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM

True probably.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't. Just. Don't. All they're gonna say is well, then they shouldn't have had kids they couldn't afford.

Quoting Annettey19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mother to J. (3/2012) and Baby Sprout (due 10/2013)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM
3 moms liked this
People don't realize it is mostly a state run thing.

Quoting baquick:

I was *just* about to post this exactly

Quoting Anonymous:

39. What about WIC?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)