Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

****EDIT Government shut down WILL affect WIC

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know a lot of mothers and children rely on WIC for milk, formula, etc so please be aware! If there is a shut down, there will be no WIC available.

I created this post just as a heads up. So that families could plan ahead in a possible crisis. I say crisis because for some, WIC is their only means for milk and formula.

This post really took a painful turn. Where's the compassion? The empathy?

There's so much hate, so many cruel hateful women just gouging each others eyes out I'm appalled.

Why don't you ladies stop and reassess your attitudes. Your close minded way of thinking.

I hang my head in shame at the things I've read. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Think about your behavior here and how it possibly effects your families and how your way of thinking is passed onto the next generation. Things happen, people need help.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Replies (1641-1647):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Seriously? It's been a couple of weeks and not only do you finally have a response, it's a bitch response. You missed the entire point of this post so move along. Stop belittling everyone and get over it. People will continue using programs available long after you die.

Quoting mel4him:

I'd like to know what you would do if WIC wasn't available. Maybe something you should think about before having kids.

Quoting gilleytracy76:

No I was not taking advantage when my youngest was born with special needs and could not breast feed. I tried very hard to do that but he couldn't and was put on formula that was extremely expensive. I pay taxes and have since I was 16 years old so I would say those are also my own tax dollars. I'm so glad that you are miss perfect and can judge other people. Karma is a bitch and you might want to watch your attitude before she comes back to slap you in the face. 

Quoting mel4him:

Just because you qualify doens't mean you NEED WIC. If you both work then you can afford to pay for the same items WIC provides to families for free. You are taking advantage of a free program that you do not need on my tax dollar.

Quoting gilleytracy76:

You know what their are many hard working people who get WIC. Me and my husband both worked full time jobs and still qualified for WIC. So why don't you get your facts straight before you start calling people lazy, mooching failures. 

Quoting Anonymous:

They can use their food stamps.  Or better yet, why don't they pick up a second job, or do sidework for cash like raking leaves, washing windows, or cleaning houses? And you can always get a loan or use credit cards.  This is how normal, non mooching people live. 

And if you're that big of a failure that you can't even feed your kids, then you need to give them up to people who can.

Quoting Annettey19:

And if they don't have the 25 dollars for a can of formula should the kid just starve and you're all happy about it? I agree they SHOULD be able to feed their own, but many can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good!  People need to feed their kids on their own dime. 

mel4him
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm, yet you're still responding. Talk about ironic. And it is far from a bitch of a response. It's a simple question. What would all of you do if there was no such thing as WIC. If there were no program what-so-ever. No WIC. No welfare. No foodstamps. No cash assistance. Don't be too sure about your last comment. It may all go away one day. People need to be held accountable. If you don't have money in your BUDGET to raise a child then don't have children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously? It's been a couple of weeks and not only do you finally have a response, it's a bitch response. You missed the entire point of this post so move along. Stop belittling everyone and get over it. People will continue using programs available long after you die.

Quoting mel4him:

I'd like to know what you would do if WIC wasn't available. Maybe something you should think about before having kids.

Quoting gilleytracy76:

No I was not taking advantage when my youngest was born with special needs and could not breast feed. I tried very hard to do that but he couldn't and was put on formula that was extremely expensive. I pay taxes and have since I was 16 years old so I would say those are also my own tax dollars. I'm so glad that you are miss perfect and can judge other people. Karma is a bitch and you might want to watch your attitude before she comes back to slap you in the face. 

Quoting mel4him:

Just because you qualify doens't mean you NEED WIC. If you both work then you can afford to pay for the same items WIC provides to families for free. You are taking advantage of a free program that you do not need on my tax dollar.

Quoting gilleytracy76:

You know what their are many hard working people who get WIC. Me and my husband both worked full time jobs and still qualified for WIC. So why don't you get your facts straight before you start calling people lazy, mooching failures. 

Quoting Anonymous:

They can use their food stamps.  Or better yet, why don't they pick up a second job, or do sidework for cash like raking leaves, washing windows, or cleaning houses? And you can always get a loan or use credit cards.  This is how normal, non mooching people live. 

And if you're that big of a failure that you can't even feed your kids, then you need to give them up to people who can.

Quoting Annettey19:

And if they don't have the 25 dollars for a can of formula should the kid just starve and you're all happy about it? I agree they SHOULD be able to feed their own, but many can't.

Quoting Anonymous:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Well since I'm the OP I do get notifications of all comments so yes, I responded. And for the record, I'm not on any pa. I created this post for those less fortunate. Not for the judgmental bitches that think their pedestal may never fall.

Quoting mel4him:

Hmmm, yet you're still responding. Talk about ironic. And it is far from a bitch of a response. It's a simple question. What would all of you do if there was no such thing as WIC. If there were no program what-so-ever. No WIC. No welfare. No foodstamps. No cash assistance. Don't be too sure about your last comment. It may all go away one day. People need to be held accountable. If you don't have money in your BUDGET to raise a child then don't have children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mel4him:

Quoting gilleytracy76:

Quoting mel4him:

Quoting gilleytracy76:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Annettey19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:37 PM
We don't have cable. And our cell phones are the cheap refurbished ones. We do have internet but that is a necessity because I go to school online and I can't use the library computers because I have to do my assignments on certain programs which their computers don't have.

Quoting mel4him:

Do you have cable? What about a cell phone? I assume you have internet access? None which are necessities but luxuries.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't spend money on any of that and I still have to rely on WIC. I haven't had a mani or pedi since high school, well before I had kids, don't do anything to my hair I can't do by myself without spending money and I couldn't even tell you the last time I went out. We don't eat out at all. All of our money goes to bills and food. But we still struggle to make ends meet, which is why we're on it. Not everyone who uses PA is taking advantage of the system.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you can't spend your money on hair,makeup,manis and pedis and clubbing. You'll have to spend it on feeding and caring for your kids like the rest of us do

conweis
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:39 PM
I was trying to get a job in the WIC office when the shut down happen. After the shut down was over they decided to hold off on hiring more people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:39 PM
It had no effect on me because I breastfeed. No worries like this popping up for me!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM
We qualified and even though everyone kept telling us we should get it I refused.
I didn't feel right getting it while I was working and could technically afford the items the give you. Sure it would've helped but I didn't really NEED that help.

Quoting mel4him:

Quoting gilleytracy76:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Annettey19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)