Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So Obamacare is bad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
4 moms liked this
4 different types of plans that you pay for but you cannot be denied for your medical history. Yea it's cheap but it's better that there's some insurance isn't it? Maybe now more can afford Obama care instead of Medicaid. I mean I'm on Medicaid now but in 90 days ill have insurance through my job. If for some reason my hours got cut and I no longer qualified ill probably sign up for Obamacare. I'd rather people pay something then get all this free treatment that is going on now because they can afford a different plan. Lets face it as much as people say "well they should make enough" some people don't like the single mom of two working three part time jobs to keep food on the table and the heat on. Shit happens and I'm happy for Obama care. It's not for everyone but it will allow more people to get insured.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Yeah I just watched a segment on the news about it, I guess I don't see the downside.
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I don't think it's bad. I think this country need universal healthcare. Is Obamacare the right way to do it? I don't know, but it's a step in the right direction. All honesy I feel like it's just greed that's making this explode. It's not just for the poor, or shouldn't be. Even middle class too--when someone gets super sick, their private insurance can reject their treatment OR they could walk out with $50 grand in medical bills. Catch my drift? This shouldn't be how it is, and it needs changing. I'm glad for it too, even if the corporations throw hissy fits, and the government goes through a partial shutdown. No change has ever come without a price for a bit.

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes you are so right.

Republicans biggest fear is that you will like it.Your post is why this government shutdown has happened.

The republicans is Obamacares biggest glitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
This being a success is indeed every extreme Republicans nightmare.
SmtmsAlwys
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
LOLOL. I'll give you our story. We own a small business where we've provided insurance to our employees for a couple years now. What Obamacare did for us was make it so that we cannot afford the increase in premiums to continue doing so. The great and wonderful insurance being offered at the "exchanges" here don't even cover the docs we go to. But I guess if you love that, it's fucking great.
katiebug840204
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
What makes it bad IMO is that you are being forced to get it or be fined 1% of your income.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I'm curious what the cost difference is (including the tax breaks) for you as an employer?

Quoting SmtmsAlwys:

LOLOL. I'll give you our story. We own a small business where we've provided insurance to our employees for a couple years now. What Obamacare did for us was make it so that we cannot afford the increase in premiums to continue doing so. The great and wonderful insurance being offered at the "exchanges" here don't even cover the docs we go to. But I guess if you love that, it's fucking great.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

You aren't being forced to get any of the offered programs. If you have health insurance elsewhere (like most people do through their employer), then nothing changes for you. 

Quoting katiebug840204:

What makes it bad IMO is that you are being forced to get it or be fined 1% of your income.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Mobile Photo

I'm for it in theory. I think it's fucked up the poorest are getting boned in this by republican teadouchebaggers
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

It's not relevant really but I laughed so hard.. lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)