Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we called off our wedding..

Posted by   + Show Post
Df And I sat down last night and decided that our wedding plans were getting out of control. We both agree that it's silly to spend thousands while trying to buy a house at the same time. So.. we called our closest friends an family and have decided to elope next month instead! I'm so excited! Were going to take 22 of our closest friends and family to Vermont for the weekend next month and do it! I'm so excited I don't have to wait a full year now! :)
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (181-188):
autumns_mom22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!! Hind sight being 20/20, I would have rather of did something quick, small and simple and go on a nice vacation afterwards. Oh well!! Congrats gain!!!
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:08 AM
If it makes you happy, that's all that matters. However a wedding doesn't have to be expensive.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a great idea. Keep us posted and take lots of pictures so you can share them on here....

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:19 AM
That's what we're planning in doing. thank you! :)

Quoting SWEET737:

That's very smart of the two of you. You can always have a big wedding on one of your anniversaries if a wedding is still important to the two of you.  I wish you and your future husband the best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:31 AM
So the weddings not really called off then is it? Your plans changed... such a misleading title
mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM

We did the same. Though we just went to the court house. 

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Sorry I meant reply, lol!

Quoting kbutton24:

I didn't make a different post. Hope someone else isn't getting married in the same place on the same weekend! :)

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se:

Just saw your other post, Bennington is beautiful!

lnr187
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

we did the big expensive wedding... i regret it. what you're doing will be SO much more fun and enjoyable and your house is so much more worth it than 1 day lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured