Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we called off our wedding..

Posted by   + Show Post
Df And I sat down last night and decided that our wedding plans were getting out of control. We both agree that it's silly to spend thousands while trying to buy a house at the same time. So.. we called our closest friends an family and have decided to elope next month instead! I'm so excited! Were going to take 22 of our closest friends and family to Vermont for the weekend next month and do it! I'm so excited I don't have to wait a full year now! :)
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
Ashley1113
by Ley on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Yeah my guest list is 97 people -.- 90 of those are our family members. Only 7 are friends. We are so frustrated right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Sounds fun. Dh and I called our mom's almost 10 years ago now on a wensday. Told them be in Cincinnati on Saturday because we where getting married. I got sick of family trying to plan my wedding.

blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! Congrats!
Apgsteenmommy
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

yay!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats

alphamom26
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

We wanted a wedding with family, but we didn't have a lot of money either. So we had our wedding in church, then a reception at my parent's house afterwards. About 40 people altogether and we had pizza so no one had to cook :) My dress was $65 at a 2nd hand store, and we all changed into sun dresses and shorts at my parents house. It was the best wedding I ever went to, lol :) So relaxed and intimate, we got to talk to every single guest and every kid ate the food without complaint :)

I love your idea :) I like small weddings best :)

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM

That's how we felt. We had 140 family and only 10 friends. It's insane. I feel like  HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The both of us are so excited now.. before we were just dreading paying for everyhting and stressed.  Good luck!!  

Quoting Ashley1113:

Yeah my guest list is 97 people -.- 90 of those are our family members. Only 7 are friends. We are so frustrated right now.

Ashley1113
by Ley on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Thanks, sweetie, and to you as well. We're not dreading for paying for everything, we're more worried about what his mother thinks is ok to do -.-

Quoting kbutton24:

That's how we felt. We had 140 family and only 10 friends. It's insane. I feel like  HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The both of us are so excited now.. before we were just dreading paying for everyhting and stressed.  Good luck!!  

Quoting Ashley1113:

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

That's a great way to do it! Our whole family is thrilled we're doing it this way instead.. Except MIL of course. Figures the only one who hasn't offered to pay for anything complains that we should include the entire family. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds fun. Dh and I called our mom's almost 10 years ago now on a wensday. Told them be in Cincinnati on Saturday because we where getting married. I got sick of family trying to plan my wedding.

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM

It's you day. Don't let anyone else dictate how you spend it! :)

Quoting Ashley1113:

Thanks, sweetie, and to you as well. We're not dreading for paying for everything, we're more worried about what his mother thinks is ok to do -.-

Quoting kbutton24:

Quoting Ashley1113:

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!  That's a very wise plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN