Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we called off our wedding..

Posted by   + Show Post
Df And I sat down last night and decided that our wedding plans were getting out of control. We both agree that it's silly to spend thousands while trying to buy a house at the same time. So.. we called our closest friends an family and have decided to elope next month instead! I'm so excited! Were going to take 22 of our closest friends and family to Vermont for the weekend next month and do it! I'm so excited I don't have to wait a full year now! :)
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds great!! Congrats!!

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I did that.  Wedding planning was too stressful and family butting in made it worse, we actuall broke up for a month.  We got back together and after a year decided to just elope.  We went to Vegas and got married and spent the week there.  We are divorced now, but the wedding was fun!  Haha!

Ashley1113
by Ley on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM
She thinks she should be allowed to invite whomever she wants. I actually just made a post about it because she just called me AGAIN

Quoting kbutton24:

It's you day. Don't let anyone else dictate how you spend it! :)

Quoting Ashley1113:

Thanks, sweetie, and to you as well. We're not dreading for paying for everything, we're more worried about what his mother thinks is ok to do -.-

Quoting kbutton24:

That's how we felt. We had 140 family and only 10 friends. It's insane. I feel like  HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The both of us are so excited now.. before we were just dreading paying for everyhting and stressed.  Good luck!!  

Quoting Ashley1113:

Yeah my guest list is 97 people -.- 90 of those are our family members. Only 7 are friends. We are so frustrated right now.

elliem87
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww congratulations!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats.
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I would tell her its your day and you invite who you want.

Quoting Ashley1113:

She thinks she should be allowed to invite whomever she wants. I actually just made a post about it because she just called me AGAIN

Quoting kbutton24:

It's you day. Don't let anyone else dictate how you spend it! :)

Quoting Ashley1113:

Thanks, sweetie, and to you as well. We're not dreading for paying for everything, we're more worried about what his mother thinks is ok to do -.-

Quoting kbutton24:

That's how we felt. We had 140 family and only 10 friends. It's insane. I feel like  HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The both of us are so excited now.. before we were just dreading paying for everyhting and stressed.  Good luck!!  

Quoting Ashley1113:

Yeah my guest list is 97 people -.- 90 of those are our family members. Only 7 are friends. We are so frustrated right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Our family was fine with everything because it is our life and we did it our way. I told my grandma when she started to say something its not about the dress or all the gifts or any of that. Its about me being with the one I love. She understood what I meant. Her and my grandpa just saw 61 years this year. We want to be like them. But she married my grandpa when she was 16 so she knew where I was coming form seeing how she bagged her parents to let her marry my grandpa. I hope you guys have a wonderful life together. I hope its a long and happy marriage.
Quoting kbutton24:

That's a great way to do it! Our whole family is thrilled we're doing it this way instead.. Except MIL of course. Figures the only one who hasn't offered to pay for anything complains that we should include the entire family. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds fun. Dh and I called our mom's almost 10 years ago now on a wensday. Told them be in Cincinnati on Saturday because we where getting married. I got sick of family trying to plan my wedding.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome!

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
So sweet! Thank you so much!

Quoting Anonymous:

Our family was fine with everything because it is our life and we did it our way. I told my grandma when she started to say something its not about the dress or all the gifts or any of that. Its about me being with the one I love. She understood what I meant. Her and my grandpa just saw 61 years this year. We want to be like them. But she married my grandpa when she was 16 so she knew where I was coming form seeing how she bagged her parents to let her marry my grandpa. I hope you guys have a wonderful life together. I hope its a long and happy marriage.

Quoting kbutton24:

That's a great way to do it! Our whole family is thrilled we're doing it this way instead.. Except MIL of course. Figures the only one who hasn't offered to pay for anything complains that we should include the entire family. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds fun. Dh and I called our mom's almost 10 years ago now on a wensday. Told them be in Cincinnati on Saturday because we where getting married. I got sick of family trying to plan my wedding.

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg Vermont in the fall is gorgeous! Have a great time :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)