Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we called off our wedding..

Posted by   + Show Post
Df And I sat down last night and decided that our wedding plans were getting out of control. We both agree that it's silly to spend thousands while trying to buy a house at the same time. So.. we called our closest friends an family and have decided to elope next month instead! I'm so excited! Were going to take 22 of our closest friends and family to Vermont for the weekend next month and do it! I'm so excited I don't have to wait a full year now! :)
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
Nunyabusiness
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd much prefer that over a huge wedding anyways! Congrats!!!!

flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounds like an amazing idea, congrats and have a blast!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! We cancelled our big plans for something smaller, so glad we did that!

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never do it but I had very specific things I had to have for my wedding.  If it works for you guys though, great!!  Good luck!

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! I live in VT It is a beautiful State :)

Irishmommy860
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I love that plan! I so wish we could do something small..We would be married by now ugh!

PadysMomy
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I did the same thing (eloping not calling off wedding). My mom was getting so judgmental and controlling about how DH and my wedding SHOULD be. So, DH and I did a secret wedding w/ a judge (who's a friend of ours) in his home. It was nice and small: my bro and SIL and MIL and my BFF. I felt very less stressed...also found out that eloping skips a generation in my fam (my grandmother eloped w/ my grandfather).

Ashley1113
by Ley on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM
We tried that. She's still blowing up my phone -.-

Quoting kbutton24:

I would tell her its your day and you invite who you want.

Quoting Ashley1113:

She thinks she should be allowed to invite whomever she wants. I actually just made a post about it because she just called me AGAIN

Quoting kbutton24:

It's you day. Don't let anyone else dictate how you spend it! :)

Quoting Ashley1113:

Thanks, sweetie, and to you as well. We're not dreading for paying for everything, we're more worried about what his mother thinks is ok to do -.-

Quoting kbutton24:

That's how we felt. We had 140 family and only 10 friends. It's insane. I feel like  HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The both of us are so excited now.. before we were just dreading paying for everyhting and stressed.  Good luck!!  

Quoting Ashley1113:

Yeah my guest list is 97 people -.- 90 of those are our family members. Only 7 are friends. We are so frustrated right now.

Kimbyann
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Thanks for reminding me it's my best friends bday on the 5th too

Quoting anitarichman:

Congrats!  10/5 is the best day ever to get married!  It's also my birthday!  Congrats!

Quoting chasinrainbows:

That's awesome! I'm getting married this Saturday and yes, the wedding plans have gotten out of control lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunrisekn
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Congrats but I have a question, are you paying for everyone to go there or just making the arrangements? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)