Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we called off our wedding..

Posted by   + Show Post
Df And I sat down last night and decided that our wedding plans were getting out of control. We both agree that it's silly to spend thousands while trying to buy a house at the same time. So.. we called our closest friends an family and have decided to elope next month instead! I'm so excited! Were going to take 22 of our closest friends and family to Vermont for the weekend next month and do it! I'm so excited I don't have to wait a full year now! :)
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (51-60):
isaacsmommy68
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Have fun, you will not regret it! Vt in fall will be beautiful!

ERINLEIGH52379
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

congratulations

kimber2465
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

nothing wrong with that!! we did the same thing 30 years ago!! just my parents, his and about 4

of our closest friends. then we and all of family and friends went out to eat!!! then we left for the weekend!

btw we went to the Stanley hotel- the one from the shinning

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds great.....though 22 people at a wedding isn't "eloping" in my mind -- but it sure is better than a huge affair that costs a ton of money!  Congrats!

mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

congrats! we eloped in a friend's backyard.  most perfect wedding one could ask for!

have fun!!

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
That is a very wise decision on your part. It's the marriage that is important not so much the ceremony. I bet you have an absolute blast with a smaller more intimate group of friends and family. Congrats!
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
jilligan362
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
My hubby and I were thinking of eloping because of my momzilla. She was causing to much crap til we told her to back off since it wasn't her day. We ended up having around 40 people to our wedding with no dance, a small meal and opened a few presents which we did at the church. Left the next day to our honeymoon with no "wedding debt".
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this
This :)

Quoting Anonymous:

That's Wonderful! :) Congratulations!

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
We bought a house instead of spending $50k on a wedding. I think that is a fabulous idea!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)