Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we called off our wedding..

Posted by   + Show Post
Df And I sat down last night and decided that our wedding plans were getting out of control. We both agree that it's silly to spend thousands while trying to buy a house at the same time. So.. we called our closest friends an family and have decided to elope next month instead! I'm so excited! Were going to take 22 of our closest friends and family to Vermont for the weekend next month and do it! I'm so excited I don't have to wait a full year now! :)
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Replies (61-70):
Vegan_Goddess
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds wonderful! My wedding was just me, my dh, and our two daughters on a lake in our town (the lake we hiked the most and fell in love at). It was the most romantic event ever. So peaceful and beautiful. You will love the intiment event and the money you will save is a huge bonus.

over40bride
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Wish we would have done that. I was all for a simple small wedding but DH family is huge and they all had to be there.

You two are doing it right. Enjoy!!!
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! I have always wanted the big wedding, and mine is only 5wks away, but If this is what makes you and your fiance' happy that's all that matters!!!

You need to update us with pics after the big day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

hahaha - we bought our house and decided to have our wedding at a park and reception in the back yard  - carnival style with all of the inflatables.  I did this because it made me sad that all of my friends didn't see their husbands at all during the reception and I thought it was a waste.  I thought that we would be enjoying it together.  After the reception was over, I went over to my husband and said, "did you have a nice day?"  I ddin't see him at all!  We were having so much fun!  Oh well!  We saved thousands at least!  15 years and going strong!

Avasmommy12
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

congratz and enjoy!

CelestialSong
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome :) We did the same thing - we were planning a wedding, decided it was just too much, too expensive, too stressful, so we cancelled those plans and went off to Vegas instead, lol. Except we didn't bring anyone with us since we didn't want to leave anyone out, we just left everyone out. Couldn't be more fair than that :P

tardistraveller
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

22 close family friends isn't an elopment, it's a smaller wedding. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Vermont is gorgeous, I was just there this weekend !!  And eloping is awesome.  We did it in Las Vegas.  I didn't see the point of a big complicated wedding either.  We went with 8 of our closest friends.  Got a big suite at the hotel in which we hosted a post wedding party in, Got married at the little white wedding chapel had our wedding dinner at the House of Blues and went to see a show after. 

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Good plan!!

itsmesteph11
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish my son would do that. They just got engaged and are already freaked out about costs. He made the statement that this money could be going to a house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)