Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone want to trade kids?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

I'm getting tired of my kids and I being looked at through the eyes cast downward over upturned noses of the mom's in my community who have "perfect" kids. You know, the ones who are calm, quiet, submissive and help around the house dutifully doing their chores after finishing all their homework independantly and extra work as well to ensure their placement in top universities. Well, I would love to trade for one week my hyper, loud, inpulsive,attention challenged kids who although quite intelligent, need to have someone keep them on task at everything. Just to let them see what its like and that a parent can't control the way the children are wired, only the environment they live in. Its a lot of hard work to keep my kids as well behaved as they are, and even though they are still quite a handful compared to the quiet kids, I would like to let these moms see for just a short time why I'm proud of them. To see what its like on my end might cut down on the stares and judgement for a while. I actually love their energy and persistence, their impulsivity and noise. They are the joy of life in action.

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
No, I love my well behaved child.
bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Sorry. I'm kind of attached to my own tribe. Lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I would....but my kids are crazy. They enjoy finding news ways to give me a heart attack on a daily basis.

Run, jump, scream, yell, wrestle, climb anything....3 boys.
murals
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I have one of each, so I hear you. I am very consistent and follow through immediately. One of mine is just a lot more work and has always been. Wouldn't trade him though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I will pass. My oldest has developed and attitude, but both of mine are quiet and basically calm. Don't know what I would do with loud and crazy kids. Probably pull all my hair out. lol

stephensmommy06
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

shoot parents of these so called "perect kids" wouldnt last 1 hour with my son! hes bipolar, adhd,ocd and has anxiety...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I understand how you feel. But it will not change them. They will then say it was something you did or didn't do while pregnant or during infancy. We will never win. My loud, crazy, defiant, attention challenged kids may drive me crazy at times, but I would never trade them.
They have their own qualities. They have such big caring hearts, are selfless, and help me to see the world through their eyes.
Remember their "perfect" child is not perfect. Most of those kids are the ones in trouble at school, having sex young, and think the world owes them something just because they are here.
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Sure, you can have my five incredibly loud and boisterous kids. But the oldest comes with baggage, her husband. You have to promise to never return him, I don't really care what you do with him just make sure he doesn't come back lol

Summermum
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Yes, you hear me!! Oh, I wouldn't actually want to trade them, just get tired of the judgment. My kids are my pride and joy, no matter how much they make me crazy. And some of those perfect kids are the loudest and craziest when their parents aren't around, its true.

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand how you feel. But it will not change them. They will then say it was something you did or didn't do while pregnant or during infancy. We will never win. My loud, crazy, defiant, attention challenged kids may drive me crazy at times, but I would never trade them.
They have their own qualities. They have such big caring hearts, are selfless, and help me to see the world through their eyes.
Remember their "perfect" child is not perfect. Most of those kids are the ones in trouble at school, having sex young, and think the world owes them something just because they are here.

crafteechic
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I often think of how I would trade my hormonal 10 yr old dd for a day but then I remember there are worse kids out there. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)