Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone want to trade kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm getting tired of my kids and I being looked at through the eyes cast downward over upturned noses of the mom's in my community who have "perfect" kids. You know, the ones who are calm, quiet, submissive and help around the house dutifully doing their chores after finishing all their homework independantly and extra work as well to ensure their placement in top universities. Well, I would love to trade for one week my hyper, loud, inpulsive,attention challenged kids who although quite intelligent, need to have someone keep them on task at everything. Just to let them see what its like and that a parent can't control the way the children are wired, only the environment they live in. Its a lot of hard work to keep my kids as well behaved as they are, and even though they are still quite a handful compared to the quiet kids, I would like to let these moms see for just a short time why I'm proud of them. To see what its like on my end might cut down on the stares and judgement for a while. I actually love their energy and persistence, their impulsivity and noise. They are the joy of life in action.

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Replies (11-12):
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Those kids only look perfect!!! I wouldn't want "perfect" kids. I like my wild, crazy and adventurous family!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Yes I hear you. I have a son who is cd with ADHD, depression, defiance disorder, and is being tested for Autism. I also have a sd with ADHD. All my kids can be loud and crazy which I think they should be. How else will they burn all that energy. They are only kids once. Do some need a little extra help staying in task, they sure do but that is just a little extra one on one time with them.

Quoting Summermum: 
Yes, you hear me!! Oh, I wouldn't actually want to trade them, just get tired of the judgment. My kids are my pride and joy, no matter how much they make me crazy. And some of those perfect kids are the loudest and craziest when their parents aren't around, its true.
Quoting Anonymous:I understand how you feel. But it will not change them. They will then say it was something you did or didn't do while pregnant or during infancy. We will never win. My loud, crazy, defiant, attention challenged kids may drive me crazy at times, but I would never trade them. They have their own qualities. They have such big caring hearts, are selfless, and help me to see the world through their eyes. Remember their "perfect" child is not perfect. Most of those kids are the ones in trouble at school, having sex young, and think the world owes them something just because they are here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)