Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have nothing to hide from CPS

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 281 Replies
5 moms liked this
Why not cooperate?

It's very common on here to see a mother who is worried because some POS called CPS on her. Everytime, a bunch of moms jump in with "You don't have to let them in! Stand your ground!"

I don't get it. If you didn't do what they're accusing you of, and you have nothing to hide, why not just let them in. Talk to them a bit, answer their questions. Why is that so hard? Legal rights aside, it does look bad when you refuse to let them in. I just can't for the life of me understand why you would fight them in the first place.
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
14 moms liked this

WHY are you willing to just give up your rights so easily? Fk that. I'm not inviting anyone in my home that I don't have to. You're just asking for a can of worms to be open.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way. I always think it would do more harm to your case to NOT let them in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I agree.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
This exactly.

Quoting Anonymous:

WHY are you willing to just give up your rights so easily? Fk that. I'm not inviting anyone in my home that I don't have to. You're just asking for a can of worms to be open.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Because CPS is a nuisance.  When I've had to deal with them, they were for some unfounded and extreme accusations.  Here, they treat you like a criminal, even if they were false accusations.  They are rude and abrupt.  I don't have anything to hide and do nothing wrong, but that doens't mean I want them to drop by just to check and make sure.  They're invasive too.  My business is my business.  Not the city or the state's or whatever jack monkey that called.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't let a cop search my car either.
cherrybomb55
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
11 moms liked this
I have witnessed innocent people lose their children. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I feel the same way. I rather not give them a reason to be suspicious. It is obvious someone called and I know I have nothing to hide so bring it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  But then, I don't personally know anyone who has had to deal with CPS.  I can't imagine what is going on in some people's lives if their friends and neighbors call CPS on them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)