Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The hell does a six year old want for her birthday?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son got invited to birthday with a girl he went to preschool with. I know nothing about her, or what she likes. I don't even remember what I wanted at six besides dolls. 

I wanted to get her some Lisa Frank stuff, but they didn't have it there. 

I ended up getting her a Minnie Mouse puzzle and a box thing with crayons, stickers and coloring pages that has Disney princesses on it. 

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I'm sure she will like that.
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
You did great! My 6 year old dd would flip for more puzzles and coloring stuff!!! That's something a little kid in general can't really have too much of!
SaratheV
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I just don't know if she likes Disney or not. 

I hate buying presents for people I don't know. 

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

You did great! My 6 year old dd would flip for more puzzles and coloring stuff!!! That's something a little kid in general can't really have too much of!

anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I never know what to get that age group.  I think you did fine.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I usually just get whatever the theme is on the invite. Like ds was invited to a 6 year old boys party that had a spongebob invite so i bought him a pair of spongebob sunglasses, a spongebob book, a coloring book and a box of crayolas. He loved it.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Aww cute!

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I hate getting invited to parties for the same reason, so i always just let my kid pick out the gift he is sooo much better at it then I am lol

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM
You've got a pretty good chance that she does!
Unless she's a tomboy which is less common, 6 year old girls love Disney!!!

Between all of dds little girl friends I can't think of a single one that doesn't like Disney...... I wouldn't worry!!!

Quoting SaratheV:

I just don't know if she likes Disney or not. 

I hate buying presents for people I don't know. 

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

NeonGirl9583
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM
My dd is almost 6 would love that!
Talienas
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Crafty stuff like beads or a tote bag she can design, etc. Something hands on and girly. Maybe a doll (not a trashy one either lol)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)