Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Prayers needed, but also advice is welcome. (stress level is high enough, please no bashing)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

I am leaving my husband. Im anon because he spies on me, and a quick google search of my SN would lead him here. 

He is controlling, verbally and emotionally abusive, sexually abusive. He hit me once, 5 years ago, but i gave him another chance. But it is only a matter of time before he does it again. 

I have a chance to get out. A possible job, and a safe place to go. its 1500 miles away. I have a vehicle in my name only, and can easily get me and my children there. 

BUT if i wait, (which it is technically SAFE for us to do, since its mostly just me being miserable, if he were hitting me or the kids it wouldnt even be a question) 

I can leave this month, take DHs paycheck for the week which will only be about 1000$, and just run. 

Or i can wait, until tax season, when we get our return, then take that and run. 

I need prayers on the strength to make a decision, and make the RIGHT decision. 

but any advice is greatly apreciated. 

I cant tell anyone where i am, because that too would give me away. but i can tell you, this city is so over populated with the unemployed and low income single mothers, that the shelters and programs i have called, all have a waiting list. 

the state/city i am going to is by no means small, but is smaller than here, and has many more resources readily available. 

Dont mean to ramble. thats about it. 

EDIT forgot to say

What is keeping me from going is my mother was recently diagnosed with cancer. She is fighting, and they caught it early. she told me that the doctors have no doubt she will beat it. they removed the tumor, and she is going through a short round of chemo. she already had her first set last week and is doing wonderuflly. 

but to leave, right now. while she is going through that...id ont know if i could live with myself if she does end up dying :( 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazy4chapstick
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Go now.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM

ditto. and i don't know the legal ramifications, if any, of taking the whole tax return. best to go now, if you have the means to go.

Quoting crazy4chapstick:

Go now.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Go now and don't tell a soul where you are going. Fall off of the face of the earth.
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Hugs leave sooner then later:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I dont know about the tax return either. 

if nothing else i can split it with him so that i am protected legally. its a good 5000$ so its not like he would be short changed. and they are MY children, he is their step dad. so without me, he wouldnt get a refund anyway. he should be grateful! 

Quoting zomgkerrie:

ditto. and i don't know the legal ramifications, if any, of taking the whole tax return. best to go now, if you have the means to go.

Quoting crazy4chapstick:

Go now.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
DO NOT let him have that tax return !

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont know about the tax return either. 

if nothing else i can split it with him so that i am protected legally. its a good 5000$ so its not like he would be short changed. and they are MY children, he is their step dad. so without me, he wouldnt get a refund anyway. he should be grateful! 

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Quoting crazy4chapstick:

Go now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Just go. You can always come back and visit your mom if she ever needs you. Better be safe than sorry. 

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM
hmmm idk i support your decision to leave...no one should stay hwere they are unhappy, however you will have to face him at some point sooner or later at least for divorce. you said he hit you...once...5 years ago...you forgave him...seems a bit wrong to use that as an a reason now...im not advocating for physical abuse but people do make mistakes. people do let their temper take control. if you forgave him and it has not happened since...well like i said seems a bit late to use the "he hit me." if you are currently in danger or fear for your safety call the national domestic violence hotline or dial 211 from your phone and ask to be connected to them. they can really help you. their shelters are nice, usually big old houses. they provide all your food etc help you get protection orders and find housing, employment etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Get out NOW.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Honey go! Your mother would want you to be safe and happy. Go!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)