Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

suv runs over and paralyzes man in process

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 179 Replies
So that story the other day about the group of dozens of bikers who chased and dragged a driver out of his suv beating him... Yes he ran them over. Paralyzing one of them.

The now "victim" that is paralyzed, his family wants the driver of the suv to be charged.

How do you feel?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-motorcycle-attack-bikers-wife-walk/story?id=20430576#.UktOnQNNau4.email

ETA -- several we sites have said his baby is only 5 months old. I didn't know that. That sort of makes me see why he was so panicked . Other sites have said she was two. Either way, young enough to cause alarm.
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
19 moms liked this
The SUV driver was just protecting his family. I would have done the same.
susannah2000
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM
3 moms liked this

A biker appears to have caused the accident. How is it that is the driver's fault?

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this
The biker shouldn't drive like an idiot
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
4 moms liked this

I think if I were driving that SUV, I would have done the same thing. 

KatLee42513
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I just heard about the story on fox news. He said when the bikes surrounded him he got really scared and thought his family was in danger. He accidebtky clipped one of the bikes and they got angry so they sat in the middle of road and he was genuinky scared for his life. I don't blame him.
stephensmommy06
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
6 moms liked this

wasnt it found the driver of the SUV was acting in self defense? i could be wrong on that...but no i dont think he should be charged...those bikers were a bunch of punk asses and instigated the event...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Suv driver should get a pat on the back for trying to protect his family.

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM
9 moms liked this

If they hadn't  been  driving around  acting like assholes   none of that would have happened. The cops had complaints from other motorists before this incident happened. The bikers were driving around the city terrorizing other motorists. One of the bikers purposely slowed down in front of the motorist causing the the car to bump the bike. When the motorists stopped, bikers crowded around the vehicle and began beating on the car and slashed his tires and trying to drag the driver out. That is when he panicked, fearing for the safety of his wife and child and drove off and in the process ran over and broke the legs and paralyzed a biker. He didn't intentionally bump the first biker. The biker suddenly slowed down and he bumped the bike. The first biker was not severely injured if at all . The bikers just became out of control because of that and it quickly escalated. I'm sure if the other bikers had remained calm until cops and ambulance showed up none of this would have happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

One of the risks of riding a motorcycle. He deserves nothing.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Yeah and if you saw the video the biker got directly in front of him and then hit the brakes

Who dafuq does that but a moron?

Quoting KatLee42513:

I just heard about the story on fox news. He said when the bikes surrounded him he got really scared and thought his family was in danger. He accidebtky clipped one of the bikes and they got angry so they sat in the middle of road and he was genuinky scared for his life. I don't blame him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)