Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For the WIC bashers!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

I do not want to be on WIC. We used to make good money. Unfortunatley, we do get WIC now. No food stamps or anything else though. We were doing really good financially, then I decided to go to nursing school. We were doing fine without assistance at first with just dh's income. We just cut back. He worked overtime. Well dh has a county job and there were state budget cuts that shut down one facility and overtime wasn't available anymore. So we signed up for WIC and I am waiting to start working at my old job again part-time instead of fulltime so I still have time for school. WIC just helps in the meantime. I feel super embarrassed when I use it :( People automatically assume you are lazy. I have a smart phone, but it's one I bought 2 years ago and I use Wal Mart's straight talk plan.

You never know a person's situation. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I guess if you gotta have someone else take care of your family maybe it's not the time for school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Who cares what people think
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM

......and no one would know your situation if you weren't blabbing it all over here, now would they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Really? We are bettering ourselves -_- 

I'm almost done with school. I'm not going to just quit because Dh's hours got cut.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess if you gotta have someone else take care of your family maybe it's not the time for school.

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM

No can know your (financial) situation unless YOU make it known. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I would rather people know my situation rather than assuming things and judging. I'm trying to speak up for the people that are embarrassed about needing help. Not everybody wants assistance. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

......and no one would know your situation if you weren't blabbing it all over here, now would they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I've had people give me dirty looks in the grocery store when I pull out my WIC stamps. That's why I hate using them.

Quoting Amybelle:

No can know your (financial) situation unless YOU make it known. 

okpondlady
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Well you know according to CM you should sell EVERYTHING you have to avoid being on PA of any sort.

Good luck in Nursing School!!!!!!!!!!   Hopefully things will iron out for you soon.  Don't sweat the small shit..WIC ain't that big of a deal.

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I'm in school. We could afford the first two, but after I was told I could never have more children my ex and I were lazy on birth control, so I signed up for WIC when she was born preterm and pumping didn't work. I've done what I can for my kids, but if we are ever to get out of this we need me in school. Its one step to a better life.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Embarrassed to collect Welfare, lol, no such animal!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather people know my situation rather than assuming things and judging. I'm trying to speak up for the people that are embarrassed about needing help. Not everybody wants assistance. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)