Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why should I have to get insurance if I NEVER use it!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 189 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was all for Obama care until I found out that they are FORCING people to buy health coverage!

I am pissed I havent been to the doctor since I was a freshmen in high school and that was for a required physical. That was 13 years ago!

The only time I have been to the doctor since then was because I was pg. So since I am not pg and do not plan of getting pg and taking action to prevent it. I will never use the health insurance that I am being FORCED to buy. So basically I am throwing money down the drain! So why should I be forced to buy something I will never use!

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Because you have to pay so those who can't can use it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
20 moms liked this

Same reason you have car insurance, hon. You never know if you are going to use it. 

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
5 moms liked this
Preventative care is just as important as going to the doctor when you need it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this

So that if you end up needing emergency care, there's a pocket for that money to come out of. 

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
This, exactly ! I never go to the doctor either. Then I ended up in the hospital for an ulcer from stress....

I still had to pay about 1500 for the overnight stay and tests. But it would have been over 10k without insurance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same reason you have car insurance, hon. You never know if you are going to use it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Do/did you use a carseat for your child? You probably did in the event that you were ever in an accident. If you honestly believe a car wreck could NEVER happen, you wouldn't need a carseat. It's always possible so while you might not need insurance for well checks, you may need it for circumstances beyond your control.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Because someone else might need it & you need to chip in.
Toxic.Stardust
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Same reason you are required to have car insurance even if you never use it. You can't predict the future so you never know when you might need it, and when you do, you'll be glad you have insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:43 PM

god forbid you get hit by a car,  how will you pay for your medical bills?  i would rather pay insurance monthly than have a $10,000 hospital bill

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You can buy the insurance at anytime since it now covers pre-existing conditions so why should she pay for it when not needed?

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Same reason you are required to have car insurance even if you never use it. You can't predict the future so you never know when you might need it, and when you do, you'll be glad you have insurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured