Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why should I have to get insurance if I NEVER use it!

Posted by   + Show Post

I was all for Obama care until I found out that they are FORCING people to buy health coverage!

I am pissed I havent been to the doctor since I was a freshmen in high school and that was for a required physical. That was 13 years ago!

The only time I have been to the doctor since then was because I was pg. So since I am not pg and do not plan of getting pg and taking action to prevent it. I will never use the health insurance that I am being FORCED to buy. So basically I am throwing money down the drain! So why should I be forced to buy something I will never use!

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
ajrjj05
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

..And I work in home care.. I take care of a man that said the same thing.. 

Guess what, he got sick, went to ER, found out his kidney's were failing, and now on dialysis, all in a day!.. 

Get your ass to a DR! STAT

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
You're only legally required to carry liability insurance on to protect the people you may hit. You're only required to protect your car if you still owe on it. This isn't the same thing at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same reason you have car insurance, hon. You never know if you are going to use it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Bs Car insurance does not cover a stroke in your sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I have car insurance with added coverage for medical conditions that cause disability not related to a car.

Quoting Anonymous:

And what happens if you get TBoned on your way? What happens if you have an unexpected stroke the night prior?

Quoting Anonymous:

You couldn't previously, now you can buy it anytime of the year with any diagnosis. Say tomorrow I feel something is wrong I can buy insurance and go to the doctor. Well not tomorrow but January. And yes I know how it works as I had to wait 12 months for treatment of my medical problem through my insurance.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Seriously?

I am not sure you understand how insurance works. Actually, I AM sure you don't understand how insurance works...

You can't BUY insurance after you need it. Wouldn't EVERYONE do that? SMDH.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can buy the insurance at anytime since it now covers pre-existing conditions so why should she pay for it when not needed?

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Same reason you are required to have car insurance even if you never use it. You can't predict the future so you never know when you might need it, and when you do, you'll be glad you have insurance.

JackieGirl007
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM

You shouldn't. It's totally unconstitutional. Should have voted for Ron Paul.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM
You have car insurance to protect other drivers if you cause an accident. Not the same thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same reason you have car insurance, hon. You never know if you are going to use it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Nope, but the 20 dollars extra a month I pay covers anything.causing disability other than car accidents. It not only covers a medical bill but my mortgage payment for up to 3 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bs Car insurance does not cover a stroke in your sleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's why I have car insurance with added coverage for medical conditions that cause disability not related to a car.

Quoting Anonymous:

And what happens if you get TBoned on your way? What happens if you have an unexpected stroke the night prior?

Quoting Anonymous:

You couldn't previously, now you can buy it anytime of the year with any diagnosis. Say tomorrow I feel something is wrong I can buy insurance and go to the doctor. Well not tomorrow but January. And yes I know how it works as I had to wait 12 months for treatment of my medical problem through my insurance.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Seriously?

I am not sure you understand how insurance works. Actually, I AM sure you don't understand how insurance works...

You can't BUY insurance after you need it. Wouldn't EVERYONE do that? SMDH.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can buy the insurance at anytime since it now covers pre-existing conditions so why should she pay for it when not needed?

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Same reason you are required to have car insurance even if you never use it. You can't predict the future so you never know when you might need it, and when you do, you'll be glad you have insurance.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

So, if you get cancer you expect the rest of us to pay for it? You need to plan for the unexpected. You have car insurance and homeowners insurance, right? Same thing.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We never went to doctors ever but I was happy we had insurance when's husband found a lump and that lump turned out to be stage two testicular cancer. Preventative care and yearly physicals can save your life.
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Wrong, you're not being forced to buy it.  You're given a choice--get insurance or pay a fine via your taxes every year.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM

then declare bankruptcy in that case...my dh did after his car accident

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol that is ASSUMING the other driver has coverage or more than liability. And he has assests to sue for. You can't bleed a turnip. Thedude who hit my friend did not have coverage nor amything to sue for. My friend's ins did not cover much. He was left with hundreds of thousands of debt.

Quoting Anonymous:

in that case, the drivers auto insurance would cover her medical bills, and she can sue for more damages, too

Quoting Anonymous:

god forbid you get hit by a car,  how will you pay for your medical bills?  i would rather pay insurance monthly than have a $10,000 hospital bill

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN