Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being selfish?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

So, my daughter's father (whom I'm not married to and not even dating), wants to go to a college football game on a weekday night and wants me to go with him. I told him that I couldn't go because: #1 I probably wouldn't get home until close to 11pm. #2 our daughter just started school and goes to bed a 7pm and she would have to be at the sitter's house until I can pick her up.  #3 I have somewhat physical training to maintain my certification for work at 9am the following morning. #4 I could put the ticket money to better use #5 I hate football.

He started getting angry with me on the phone b/c I told him that DD needed to get her sleep and I had important training the next day. He would not stop talking so I told him that I was done talking to him and that I was going to hang up. I hung up. Then he texted me that "I'm going to act like you now. It'll only be about DD from now on. I can't do this!"

Um, shouldn't our child's welfare come first? Am I wrong for thinking this? 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I think he is the one being selfish. Also maybe he wants you back?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Yes he wants me back and he's wanted me back for years but I have told him in no uncertain terms that I'm not interested. At times we can do things socially but sometimes we can't. If this game fell on a weekend I'd be more inclined to got but I just can't disrupt DD's schedule, she's only 5 and just started K. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I think you could have found a babysitter to come to your house , so your dd would have gone to bed on time and you & him could have enjoyed your night.   It sucks for him that you're so controlling.

Avasmommy12
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM

nope my DD always comes first 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmm, I'm controlling? I'm not even in a relationship with him. I can't afford a babysitter. The person who would watch DD would do it for free. DD's father owes me thousands of dollars that he is supposed to pay for DD. It is funny that he will make time for me but not for DD. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you could have found a babysitter to come to your house , so your dd would have gone to bed on time and you & him could have enjoyed your night.   It sucks for him that you're so controlling.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
He is on his man period
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

yes Im sure you have your excuses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmmm, I'm controlling? I'm not even in a relationship with him. I can't afford a babysitter. The person who would watch DD would do it for free. DD's father owes me thousands of dollars that he is supposed to pay for DD. It is funny that he will make time for me but not for DD. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Like I said HE is the one being selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes he wants me back and he's wanted me back for years but I have told him in no uncertain terms that I'm not interested. At times we can do things socially but sometimes we can't. If this game fell on a weekend I'd be more inclined to got but I just can't disrupt DD's schedule, she's only 5 and just started K. 

Quoting Anonymous:

SuperJo
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM

No, you aren't wrong.
Your child's father is behaving like a jerk and having a tantrum.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)