Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

serious cps privacy question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I need to call cps, I will be doing it but sadly it's a family member. Is it private? Do I have to give my name? What do I say?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It's supposed to be anonymous, but they may ask you your name.  I would personally call from a public phone and not give your name.  I have heard of a time where the informant was revealed.

Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Tell them you are making an anonymous call and you tell them what is going on and they will ask questions about the situation and gice them answers. Pretty simple
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Call on the hotline.  You can be completely anonymous.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM
You can do it anonymously. I was also told by a cps worker that they cant tell the person who called them
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

They are NOT supposed to reveal it if you report anonymously.   However, they need to know who you are so THEY can do any follow up needed and take your report seriously.   (like you aren't faking a bunch of lies and calling anonymously on some one).

In the cases that I've known of... people sometimes find out because they "suspect" who called and they go confront them and then they argue.   So, if you do and they confront you... make sure you are good at being non-committal.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM

They will ask your name in case they need to contact you again but, it won't be released.  I've done it a few times.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM

You can do it anonymously.

Anniversary
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Go anonymous. When I was caring for my grandma someone called adult social services on me(out of spite). My grandma and I looked at eachother like "what the heck?" And we started listing of the names out loud of who would possibly do this and the SS worker although wouldn't say WHO it was, she was happy to tell us WHO it wasn't- we new exactly who it was

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

It's supposed to be anonymous, but they may ask you your name.  I would personally call from a public phone and not give your name.  I have heard of a time where the informant was revealed.

The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

While you can do it anon, I've read somewhere it is sometimes best to give your name and number in case they have followup questions. 

They CANNOT give out the name of the person who gave the report though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Quoting Karopie_99:

Tell them you are making an anonymous call and you tell them what is going on and they will ask questions about the situation and gice them answers. Pretty simple

if I give details they'll know it's me. I'm one of the very few people who visit the house. I'm afraid if I give no details they won't take me seriously. I don't plan on calling from my phone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)