Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"ur daghter needs to grow a pair!" (PIC) *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

So I'm helping a friend out this this week while she goes to training for her new job by watching her daughter, who is just a couple weeks younger than mine.  The thing is, she doesn't clip her daughter's nails because she things it's "fancy" when females have long nails.  

The girls are almost 10 months so there's no need for her to have long nails.  The point of this post is that I trimmed her daughter's nails.  Why?  They cut my cheek and my chest (because she grabs everything and it looks like a cat clawed at me), and yesterday she grabbed my DD's head so hard that she actually cut open inside DD's ear!!

(That's a pool of blood while she lays on her side)

Everything is fine, DD cried for a few minutes, but as soon as my friend's daughter fell asleep I trimmed them so they weren't so dagger-esque.  She texted me last night complaining that I made her daughter look like a boy and that I might as well have just shaved her head.

WHAT?!  I told her that it was a matter of safety and sent her the picture of DD's ear (the one I posted here) and her response?  "ur daghter needs to grow a pair!"

While DD's ear isn't terrible, it's still caused because of baby razor nails lol.  

ETA:

A few people have mentioned it being wrong and I just want to "level the playing field," for lack of a better term.  She sat for us one night so DH and I could go to dinner and she painted my DD's finger and toe nails with her polish, not even the baby nail polish, even though she knew I was against it because of the chemicals and whatnot.  I simply said, "Could you not do that again?" and that was that.  So, technically, we're even.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM
3 moms liked this

She sounds like someone I wouldn't want to spend time with.  

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
What a weirdo.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Wow... they'll be long in a few days. I'd not be watching that child again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM

while I admit the nails needed to go, it wasnt your choice to cut HER daughters nails.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow!  She's only 10 months old, not only could she hurt someone but she could very well scratch herself. 

babyblue415
by champagne on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM

i would not watch that kid again

emsmom627
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM

omg i can't believe she said that lmao.  don't watch the kid anymore. 

BambiF
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I used to sit for a little boy who's nails were never trimmed. He was a grabber too and he was always covered in little cuts, on his face, chest, belly, legs etc
So I started trimming them.
Parents never said anything/noticed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM
wow ur friend is weird y would she want her to have long nails i mean how is that gonna make her look like a boy >:| and ur poor DD awww hope she gets better
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM
4 moms liked this
They are nails, they will grow back and the baby could have hurt herself. She had already hurt others. I would have done the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

while I admit the nails needed to go, it wasnt your choice to cut HER daughters nails.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)