Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I probably looked like a creeper but I followed two kids home from school yesterday. long. **update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am going Anon because of the other kids.

Okay a little back info before I go on:

DD is in 1st grade. Her school does K-1-2. They have a weird pick up thing where they don't let the parebts pick the kids up AT the school. They have different lines that they bring out by grade to different corners surrounding the school. There are only 7-10 kids per grade per line, with one teacher. The crossing guard and teacher at our corner knows all parents that pick up the kids. This one little girl in DDs class always gets walked back to the building to leave with her brother to walk home. He comes from the older school, but he is only in 3rd grade. (I have talked to other moms and the crossing guard about it).

Yesterday, we were waiting around at the corner for the kids to get out of school. We (DS and I) get there a little early every day and talk to the other moms in DDs class about homework and stuff, and talk to the crossing guard because we can sit on one lady's steps and I can keep out of the sun. Its a very small school. The parents who are there for their kids are the same parents that are there every day.

This guy was hanging around the front of the school and my Mommy Radar went off. First of all, no one is supposed to be near the school. Second of all, he looked like he didnt belong there. He just seriously stood out like a sore thumb. He was walking back and forth, then when more people came to the corners, he walked off and around the corner. I thought okay, good, hes gone.

The kids all came out, I got DD, and for some reason I decided to hang back and check her backpack and talk to another mom for longer than I usually do. Teacher takes other little girl back to the school, other little girl and brother show up as we are getting ready to cross the street and head home.

The guy shows back up. He spots the two kids walking on their own and starts meandering after them. I snatched up DDs hand and started pushing DSs stroller faster and the kids crossed the street. The guy did too. I kept on pace with them on my side. The croasing guard at the next street must have noticed something was up because she said something to him. He said he had to catch the bus. He stopped at the bus stop long enough for her to get distracted and started walking after the kids again. They were running and playing around at this time and DD and DS were chattering away but I was so focused on making sure these kids were okay. The guy leaned close to the little girl like he was gonna smell her and they turned the corner to their street. He stopped at the corner and looked around and I stopped and stared DEAD at him with my phone in my hand. Daring him to go up there. He just looked at me and started walking again. I didnt leave where I was until the kids got in their house.

The guy kept walking. Up to the next school (the schools are 4 blocks apart, one is public, one is Catholic). Started looking in that schools yard when he didnt realize I was still behind him but a block or so back. I went up to a van when I got up to the school and asked the guy if he saw who I was talking about and he said yeah he had a funny feeling when he saw him.. hed tell the guard when he got out. I talked to DDs school this AM. They are on alert.

**update** there was an increased police presence around both schools today. In the 40 minutes between walking past school A and walking past it again, I saw police cars at least 8 times. I spoke with the teacher who brings the little girl out again, she made her and her brother go in the school and called the parents to pick them up. I tried to talk to the little girls father with the crossing guard and he laughed and said "oh you funny". A bunch of other parents saw the guy as well, but some didn't.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Holy crap!  Did you get a pic of him with your phone???  You very welll could have prevented those two little ones from being kidnapped, or worse.  Good job!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this
And then? I would've called the police, maybe non emergency
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Oh wow. Good for you, and I would be letting the school know as well
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Why didn't you just call the police?  Now he's free to go and snatch a kid another day!

blue-heart
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM
How scary. Glad you were there to protect those kids.
JC2223
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Call the police and report what you witnessed. If he is a threat, they should have the schools on warning and be patrolling the area for safety.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM

That is so scary. I am so glad you didn't ignore your guy instinct. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Quoting JC2223:

Call the police and report what you witnessed. If he is a threat, they should have the schools on warning and be patrolling the area for safety.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Should have called the cops and kept on him until they got there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Both schools know. I can't call the police and say "my mommy radar says he may kidnap someone". For all he could say he was walking on the same side of the street as them.

Quoting Anonymous:

And then? I would've called the police, maybe non emergency
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured