Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you ask people to remove their shoes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies

Mobile Photo

How do you go about asking people to take their shoes off in your house? Do you have a sign? If you visit someone else's home how would you like to be approached with this.

I'm thinkin about buying this sign. My house is brick though so I'm not too sure if I want to put a nail in it. Plus neighbors have a cute "no soliciting" sign and they say it's not really effective because most people look over it and knock anyways.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Bump
Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I just tell people to remove their shoes, lol.

We had all my cousins over last weekend and it had rained so I just said, "please remove your shoes." 

Simple 

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
We have a sign, meant mostly to remind the kids to remove their shoes. We have a sign that says something like, "This is an American house is an Asian custom. Please remove your shoes."

Not wearing shoes in the house is pretty common in MN. There are even several businesses we frequent that ask their customers to remove their shoes. We've never had to ask someone to remove their shoes. If someone didn't then I wouldn't ask. I'd just clean up the mess if they made one.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

No. I do not make adults remove their shoes.

stacey541
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Most people see the shoes by the front door and get it. If they don't and they are younger I will ask them to. If its one of the grandparents or great grandparents I am not one bit concerned about their shoes.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Yes I do because we don't wear shoes in the house. Everyone who comes over ask or we just tell them
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM

No we don't but since we don't wear shoes in the house most people take their shoes off when we do. 

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM
My house is all hard surfaces. There's only carpet in the family room.
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I don't make people take their shoes off in my home.

Any home I've been to where they do, they simply just say "hey, slip your shoes off and leave them by the door". Lol.

Works for me. I don't find it rude or anything. 

NeonGirl9583
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM
We don't make ppl remove them. l hate for nasty feet to be on my floors. l make dh wear his shoes and my kids know to wear theirs. l had rather clean mud up off my floor then l had to bleach the grems off of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN