Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shutdown questions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Will I be able to use the wic coupons I already have?

Will my food stamp card reload in 4 days like its suppose to?

What about child support?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

and yea this makes me sound pathetic but my husband left me and I'm a stay at home mom of 4 so its hard to just run out and get a job so dont bitch at me or ill just ignore you.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Why would child support (which is NOT paid by the govt)be stopped.

And from what I have read food stamp money was secured a year in advance and I have no idea about wic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

In my town child support goes through job and family services so I thought it was included. I dont know much about this stuff.

Quoting Hanab818:

And from what I have read food stamp money was secured a year in advance and I have no idea about wic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Maybe on wic, foodstamps? yes its what they call mandatory on the news and child support yes it comes from the other parent, its not funded by the federal government or state government. I was worried too so I understand ;-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Yes
Yes
Yes
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM
They have essential and non essential personal. There should still be someone in the office.

Quoting Anonymous:

In my town child support goes through job and family services so I thought it was included. I dont know much about this stuff.

Quoting Hanab818:

km1970
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Just from what I have seen on the news, foodstamps aren't affected. WIC had enough in reserve to cover for the upcoming week, after that, it's highly possible they won't be accepted. I saw on our local news that they may not be accepted this week. Child support I haven't heard anything about. That is a state level thing, I believe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe on wic, foodstamps? yes its what they call mandatory on the news and child support yes it comes from the other parent, its not funded by the federal government or state government. I was worried too so I understand ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes
Yes
Yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quoting km1970:

Just from what I have seen on the news, foodstamps aren't affected. WIC had enough in reserve to cover for the upcoming week, after that, it's highly possible they won't be accepted. I saw on our local news that they may not be accepted this week. Child support I haven't heard anything about. That is a state level thing, I believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN