Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shutdown questions

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Will I be able to use the wic coupons I already have?

Will my food stamp card reload in 4 days like its suppose to?

What about child support?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Child support & foodstamps won't be affected. Wic you can use vouchers already printed, but new ones will not be issued.
grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Not so much a bitch, but you have to get it out of your head that you are a SAHM now and get used to the fact that you will have to get a job.  Since your husband left, if you already have WIC coupons and your food stamp card is set to be reloaded, you have had time to realize that you are no longer a SAHM but instead you are someone who has not found a job yet and need to make that a priority.

Quoting Anonymous:

and yea this makes me sound pathetic but my husband left me and I'm a stay at home mom of 4 so its hard to just run out and get a job so dont bitch at me or ill just ignore you.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Will I be able to use the wic coupons I already have?  Yes

Will my food stamp card reload in 4 days like its suppose to?  Yes

What about child support?  No Idea, my child support is paid directly to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

It happened a month ago, we only have 1 car which he has, he has the house and i have no babysitter. So I dont see how thats going to happen but thanks

Quoting grannie_kel:

Not so much a bitch, but you have to get it out of your head that you are a SAHM now and get used to the fact that you will have to get a job.  Since your husband left, if you already have WIC coupons and your food stamp card is set to be reloaded, you have had time to realize that you are no longer a SAHM but instead you are someone who has not found a job yet and need to make that a priority.

Quoting Anonymous:

and yea this makes me sound pathetic but my husband left me and I'm a stay at home mom of 4 so its hard to just run out and get a job so dont bitch at me or ill just ignore you.

grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

If he left, how did he end up with the house?  Have you filed for CS?  Sorry to tell you, but with that attitude, nothing will ever change for you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It happened a month ago, we only have 1 car which he has, he has the house and i have no babysitter. So I dont see how thats going to happen but thanks

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM

We got it 1 year before we got married. My name isnt on the loan or the house itself. I asked about child support so yea I get it. Its been a month, I've been with him since I was 15 years old (8 years) He left me for a 17 year old so yea I think I'm going to have a shitty attitude right now. I will eventually get a job but it wont help much. I'm stating facts not making excuses.

Quoting grannie_kel:

If he left, how did he end up with the house?  Have you filed for CS?  Sorry to tell you, but with that attitude, nothing will ever change for you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting Anonymous:

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Wic is state not federal. You're good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Yes

Yes

Not affected.

grannie_kel
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM

You do realize that you are entitled to part of the equity in the house don't you?

Quoting Anonymous:

We got it 1 year before we got married. My name isnt on the loan or the house itself. I asked about child support so yea I get it. Its been a month, I've been with him since I was 15 years old (8 years) He left me for a 17 year old so yea I think I'm going to have a shitty attitude right now. I will eventually get a job but it wont help much. I'm stating facts not making excuses.

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM
It was bought before we were married, its all his. Plus it was a $72,000 30 year fixed loan. I wont get anything. I've talked to many lawyers about it.
Quoting grannie_kel:

You do realize that you are entitled to part of the equity in the house don't you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting grannie_kel:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN