Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't have dental insurance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
So, question. I don't have dental insurance but I have regular medical insurance. My bottom left wisdom tooth, the gum around it is super swollen and painful. The tooth it self isn't in all the way, it's totally possible it's impacted but who knows. Is there any thing my regular doctor could do for it? I can't afford a dentist but Darn it hurts
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katt709
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. You need a dentist. You're going to have to go or you're really going to get worse. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM
That's not what I wanted to hear lol

Quoting Katt709:

Nope. You need a dentist. You're going to have to go or you're really going to get worse. Good luck.
Katt709
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I know. Sorry. Tooth pain is the worst.
StephMosDef
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Your medical may cover a portion if you have it surgically removed but you are going to have to pay out of pocket for the remainder.
agrisham13mom
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM
If it's infected your regular dr can prescribe you some antibiotics and possibly some pain meds, but you need to go to a dentist to most likely get it removed. Good luck!
italk2rox
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

That happened to me before I got insurance. They can give you pain pills and antibiotic. Get some dental! I had to deal with impacted wisdom teeth for a year and a half. I am so glad I finally got those things taken out!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

you need to see a dentist

romalove
by SakePrincess on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

dentalplans.com

Go there

See what plan has dentists near you.  For $175 a year (one time payment) we get 15 months of "coverage", where you get discounts on all the dental work, including cleanings, x-rays, caps, braces, etc.  I saved $1800 on my daughter's braces, and we save on every cleaning visit, etc.  My husband had a tooth surgically pulled and it was less than half the price without the coverage.

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I would borrow money to have it fully checked out. You don't want the infection to hit the blood stream.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)