GOT A CALL FROM MY SON'S SCHOOL....SO FRUSTRATED!!! EDIT
OMG I AM GOING FLIP ON MY SON'S SCHOOL!
I got an automated call that my son was absent. Um no he went out to the bus stop this morning so of course I kind of freaked out!
Tried the school twice, nobody in the office picked up so I just got the machine. We are down to one car so I couldn't go to the school so of course I'm freaking out more. I get hold of my DH who thankfully didn't have a meeting w/his Commander & was able to leave & go to the school.
He gets there & thank GOD my son is there. Apparently his freaking bus was late so he missed part of homeroom & they marked him absent & never changed it.
Yup call my helicopter mom or whatever, but yes it freaked me out. I get he's in middle school but that doesn't prevent bad things from happening. I know the bus stop is in our neighborhood but that doesn't prevent things either. My son is not the skip school type of child, he likes school actually. So yeah I had to fight off my anxiety from going over the hill & giving me a panic attack!
Stupid freaking school, thanks for the wake up call today! If I wasn't motivated before I am now!
And ok maybe not flip on the school but this teacher I've had issues with since the beginning of school (we start the first week of August) so I'm just over up the little screw ups & the blow off class that is suppose to be there to help prepare them for High School & College.
EDIT: For those saying I shouldn't blame the teacher, sorry but yes I should.
1. Teachers are notified of a late bus so they know not to mark those kids absent until AFTER the bus gets there. She did not follow this.
2. My son does not have to go to the office to get checked in bc he was still there for homeroom, notice in my OP I said he only missed PART of homeroom. They do not check into the office until after homeroom.
So bc he was in homeroom for 5-10min at least & spoke to the teacher & the teacher knew he was there his name should not have been on the list, he should have been removed. So while yes a mistake it was HER mistake.
3. No I should not be upset w/the office staff as my son did not have to go check into the office.
4. Yup I panicked/freaked out a bit, that makes me pretty much a normal parent. Was I laying here on the floor sobbing? Was I on the phone yelling & screaming? No Funny how some seem to think that must be how it was. I couldn't even get hold of the office so yeah that doesn't help the panic.
5. Yes I have an issue w/this teacher. Saying "he falls through the cracks bc he is quiet" is UNACCEPTABLE for a teacher to say. To lose student's folders is UNACCEPTABLE. It has their homework in it, sometimes testing notes from teachers as well. My son has had to redo many assignments bc she has lost them. Yes I know she lost them bc it got to the point where I walked into school & handed the folder to her & the homework still ended up missing & while folders are cheap I've had to replace my son's folder 3xs now.
So yeah when I bitch about things like that I have that right. If that makes me a whiny bitch so be it!