Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lol you really think I abused my kid.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I went to Starbucks just to wait till my appt time for my depo because I was early. I treated my self to a hot chocolate and a cake pop. I let my son (10months) have a plastic spoon (it's like his favorite toy). He was in my lap and starts stabbing me with it. I understand its a spoon but he was using the end without the scoop and repeatedly stabbing me in the neck. I kept trying to discourage him and redirect him but it wasnt working so I said no firmly took the spoon and put him crying in his stroller. I got things together and a woman asks me what's my name so she knows what to tell child protective services. I laughed and said "clearly you've never had a child". I rarely take my child to sit down places and and he's being especially awful because his first tooth is popping out.
So for telling him no and putting him in his stroller is abuse now? I swear some woman will call CPS if you hold your kid "improperly" in public.

And yes I know he's 10 months but he usually understands the word no. What would you have done continues to let him do what he was doing? Thy how you end up with kids like the parents that got kicked out of Applebee's.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM
4 moms liked this

Obviously you should give your child whatever he wants and let him do whatever he wants with it. To tell him no and take it away will surely stunt his emotional growth. 

teal_phoenix
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I am tracking you down right  now. I also have cps on speed dial!

*sarcasm for those who miss it*

April620
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this
This, lol. My daughter turns one this week. A lot of people (ie my husbands family) think I am too strict because I don't let her have things she's not supposed to have and I don't put up with tantrums or give in. Oh well I'm raising a well behaved child, not a little terror like her cousin

Quoting Firewoman33:

Obviously you should give your child whatever he wants and let him do whatever he wants with it. To tell him no and take it away will surely stunt his emotional growth. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I think it is ridiculous. I took my kids to the doctor yesterday. We were walking out of the clinic to the parking lot and my son wasn't listening. He started to go into the street. I couldn't get his hand so I grabbed the neck of his tshirt. Scared me to death. A woman in a big ass SUV shook her finger at me. I really wanted to flip her off but I was good. I told my dh that we will probably get a visit now. Sheesh.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Well, I'd have been tempted to stab her with the spoon and ask her if it hurts.  People are ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Omfg don't me me started. My cousin has a boy three months older then my son. She let him wander around my grandfathers house and he completely destroyed a bathroom and she just laughed and said boys will be boys while my grandmother cleaned. My son wouldn't have gotten that far without my supervision. I mean soap and shampoo and toothpaste from under the sink (the extras) were everywhere I ended up helping and she didn't even offer to help.

Quoting April620:

This, lol. My daughter turns one this week. A lot of people (ie my husbands family) think I am too strict because I don't let her have things she's not supposed to have and I don't put up with tantrums or give in. Oh well I'm raising a well behaved child, not a little terror like her cousin

Quoting Firewoman33:

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Ya..... Let's not make more brats. There are too many out there already. You are doing good momma

DEJavu17
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM

People are ridiculous!!

kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I've only had one person say something negative to me, but when a couple in their 70s comes up and praises you for disciplining your children you know you're doing it right.

That said, at 10 months I would (and have) done the exact same thing.
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Did you not know that you are supposed to give your child whatever he wants and make him feel entitled to everything no matter what?  lol.  Some people kill me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)