Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will get so much s*** for this, but this is my opinion

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies

I'm going anon, due to the controversial stance I have on this. Yesterday, the shutdown started, and with that, all national sites closed; The White House, National Parks, etc.. Well anyway, a group of WW2 vets had scheduled to meet at the WW2 Memorial in Washington DC. Even though it was closed, they chose to visit it anyway, breaking through the barriers and going in. Today, I've learned that they could be facing arrest for breaking and entering a closed facility. I agree with this. Yes, they are our veterans from our nations' Great Generation, yes, they usually are allowed to get into these places for free. But they DID break the law. What are the police supposed to do, look the other way? If it had been ANY other goup of people, they would have been arrested immediately and the book thrown at them. Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, OP

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

they broke the law and now they have to face the consequences. I see nothing wrong with that.

Lilfootmommy
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
They broke the law there need to be consequences no matter who the group of people were
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I agree with you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
9 moms liked this

I'm sorry, but I think the veterans are right in this matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Hmm I see your point, but how will they notify each other of a new location or a different date? At their age, they can't just postpone it.
First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
14 moms liked this
You people are jerks. It was an open air monument in THEIR honor. I hope you all get splinters in inconvenient places today.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree with you. Replace them with teenagers on skate boards and they would have been arrested immediately
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I would have to see the link to the story

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I think this whole thing is f*cking ridiculous anyways. I mean people have had their trips planned for months and cant get into the one place that they wanted to see? Just because two parties cannot agree on a budget and what should and should not be in it? I actually feel bad for these Vets. However, I think people should follow the law no matter what. JMHO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)