Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will get so much s*** for this, but this is my opinion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm going anon, due to the controversial stance I have on this. Yesterday, the shutdown started, and with that, all national sites closed; The White House, National Parks, etc.. Well anyway, a group of WW2 vets had scheduled to meet at the WW2 Memorial in Washington DC. Even though it was closed, they chose to visit it anyway, breaking through the barriers and going in. Today, I've learned that they could be facing arrest for breaking and entering a closed facility. I agree with this. Yes, they are our veterans from our nations' Great Generation, yes, they usually are allowed to get into these places for free. But they DID break the law. What are the police supposed to do, look the other way? If it had been ANY other goup of people, they would have been arrested immediately and the book thrown at them. Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

More wasted tax payer money and you agree?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I think there are bigger fish to fry then the elderly vets that fought for our country.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I agree with you.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I'm going to DC in a little over a week....I don't know if they still do tours of the White House, I thought they stopped doing them but now it doesn't even matter. Dammit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM

It seemed to me that someone official opened those doors. I thought it was Republican officials that allowed them inside. I could be wrong. News is so biased these days... 

Photo: -Randi.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  That scenario is certainly a shame.   But we can't let certain groups break laws because we feel some special emotional attachment to them based on who they are.   Laws just don't work that way. 

Osstie
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Lots of political activists are arrested. I don't think any of them really expected to not be.

They were making a political statement. End of story.
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
4 moms liked this

Have you ever visited the WW2 memorial? Its in an open space in a park type setting. They did not break into a building. They didn't now cut locks or break windows. They walked past a temporary gate. No, any other group would have been asked to leave not had the book thrown at them. They were not causing chaos or damaging property.

I would like to know how much money is being spent on these temporary gates and police to close these large open spaces?? Can't allow people to walk around because they don't have the money but they can pay for all of that?

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Some rules deserve to be broken.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
While I agree with you I think shutting down that stuff is stupid. If they want to cut federal stuff they should cut the lame stuff noone cares about. Like paying the morons who put us here. Then there would be money for the national parks to be open.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN