Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD? If this happened to your child.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

If you were his mom? She posted this on FB. This boy is my sons older cousin they go to the same school and he is the first stop on my sons bus. The school has been pretty good about contacting me if my son even has a headache.

Well Tyler has a broke arm and I'm aggravated because it happened at school right before the buses got there and his teacher didn't call me and put him on the bus anyway and him crying and in pain!!!!! Luckily he is only on the bus just a few min before he gets home but did she know that???What do u guys think should I confront her about it???

ADDED: I just went and read some comments to answers some of you all questions. He fell on the playground. When the mother took him to the ER they were too busy with urgent cases and told her to keep an eye on it and bring him back the next day if it swells. Poor little guy had to sleep with it. THat is crazy because that happened to me when i was little. I broke my arm in two places and a woman ran over a motorcyle gang and they said there was no way i would be seen anytime that night. Anyway the mother took him to the family dr the next day and it was broke.

What bothers me personaly is these three things.

1. They did not do an accident report. They are required to do that and it is important because the school insurace covers the students and accidents and school. Plus if CPS was to get involved it would be good to have that report.

2. She did not help him up. She left him there crying and told him you will be alright buddy. His friends helped him.

3. She should have contacted the mother and let her know her boy was hurt. She at NO time called the mother. My sons teacher called the other day because his head was hurting. She has called at when the busses were loading before to let me know he wasnt feeling well and for me to check on hm when he gets home because she cares.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I would be pissed! How did they not realize his arm was broken?

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I'd be upset.

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be really upset but I wouldn't post it on my Facebook. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM
She didnt have xray vision she couldn't tell unless the bone was sticking out. She assumed hes was upset he fell. I see no huge problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I would be pissed and would up at the school before my child would be back at school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Oh Wow! Yeah, I'd be really mad.

chicklopez
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I would prefer someone being proactive over my child's health and well being... I would be upset.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM
How did he break it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I would try to be as calm as possible and email the teacher and ask what happened. Maybe the principal too.

brenda025
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I'd be upset, she could have taken time out to ask what he was crying about...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)